Never Trust Anyone That Hasn't Been Punched in the Face

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading comprehension isn't a strong suit. I have not stated absolutes on here, but instead of looking at what is written you attack a small part of it in a strawman attempt to discredit it. Read what I wrote.

I said, "many" of the fighters. I didn't say "all" or even "most". Watching shows and listening to interviews, there are alot that came from a background where the father was either absent or abusive. Interestingly enough, the top players in the sport usually don't and fight for different reasons. Maybe "many" means something different in your opinion, but I am using it as "more than a few".

As to the poem, you are the one that cited it as to what manhood was and I gave you the context of it's author. Now, it's just a poem. ok. You can't understand male psychology and why SOME (as I keep stating) need a rite of passage anymore than I can say I understand childbirth. Again, you don't have to agree with it, just recognize that it is a sociological fact.

Understand psychology? Well I don't do bad for someone who has a degree in it lol, you are attacking again btw. Ok you don't like my post but really, there's no need to be insulting. I guess you missed the LOL after my first sentence indicating it wasa tongue in cheek.

I take it you didn't read this...
"I'm not very knowledgeable about the MMA fighters these days, and you're assertion made me curious. I did a quick search on the top 10 pound for pound UFC champions, and out of all weight classes, I only see one that has come from a broken home; the bantam weight champ Dominick Cruz." posted by SahBumNimrush?

I've spent 40 years working with men who have never needed a rite of passge lol, perhaps our men still have their balls roflmao.
I have no idea what makes you think Rudyard Kipling was particularly interested in rites of passage. He wrote some very good stuff and some utter drivel, some of his writing is jingoistic and not popular, some like If, are very good. It talks of manly virtues not rites of passage.
I know this 'art of manliness' and 'reclaim masculinity' movement is popular in the states, it doesn't seem to have found a foothold here , our guys are too busy having a pint, a fight, a curry and a shag roflmao.

shihansmurf

Black Belt
Reaction score
So in theory if I ran around punching people in the face the world would be a better place?

My Recruiting Office is in the mall here. Given the way the crowds behave I think they could do with a bit of face punching.

Especially that guy with bell.....

I know its a good couse but he sits in front of the store right next to my office. 10 hours of that bell a day is starting to wear a bit.

:drinkbeer

Happy Holidays,

Mark

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know this 'art of manliness' and 'reclaim masculinity' movement is popular in the states, it doesn't seem to have found a foothold here , our guys are too busy having a pint, a fight, a curry and a shag roflmao.

It's hard to be a man when such plain things are on the index, you know. :)

(I do beg, tho, do tell: what's a curry? The actual food or something in line with shagging?)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to be a man when such plain things are on the index, you know. :)

(I do beg, tho, do tell: what's a curry? The actual food or something in line with shagging?)

Curry from the Chinese takeaway or round here a Parmo one of the most vile concoctions to ever eaten by men.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parmo

images

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohhh....ENGLISH COOKING.....

nvm!

:angel:

Actually it's not English it's Italian/American/Australian LOL!

It's thought that the humble Parmo was created by Nicos Harris in 1958, at 'The American Grill' restaurant he owned on Linthorpe Road in Middlesbrough.The original name for a Parmo was 'Escalope Parmesan' and was made from pork meat or chicken and is served both as a restaurant meal and a take-out snack, accompanied by chips and a choice of salad, coleslaw or creamed cabbage. The modern Teesside Parmo has similarities to veal or chicken Parmigiana which is commonly eaten in Australia .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tees/content/articles/2005/09/09/parmo_feature.shtml

Latest Discussions