Need to stop smoking NOW

OP
jonah2

jonah2

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thought so

Yeah things are really good for me at the moment - Had a long (too long) break from this kenpo stuff. Kids / family / house renovation Sabbatical. Any way unpacked the Gi from my training bag after a year and a half. Giving some serious thought to comming back under Mr Canniford real soon - thats if he will take me back again - must go and see him. So hopefully see you at the next grading in Exeter.

Hows things with you

Dan G

Green Belt
Reaction score
jonah2 said:
Thought so

Yeah things are really good for me at the moment - Had a long (too long) break from this kenpo stuff. Kids / family / house renovation Sabbatical. Any way unpacked the Gi from my training bag after a year and a half. Giving some serious thought to comming back under Mr Canniford real soon - thats if he will take me back again - must go and see him. So hopefully see you at the next grading in Exeter.

Hows things with you
Not too bad. Between jobs at the moment so spending a fair bit of time online. Looking for work which is going to be reasonably kenpo friendly.

Summer camp with Mr. Parker this year was good, Mr. Canniford was on top form - some good photos floating about down here! Good luck with the return to training.

I should hopefully make it down to York Road to watch the next batch of Yellow to green gradings. Hopefully won't spend quite so much time smoking outside this time!

Probably see you in a month or two!

Cheers

Dan

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
jonah2 said:
Just an up date -Today is day 3 of a reduction plan we have decided to take From 15/20 a day down to 4 a day for now, with further reductions soon. A few hard moments for her but still determined. Jonah
Great news, Jonah! :partyon: Tell her I said keep up the good work & to take it one day at time. We're pulling for her! :)

OP
jonah2

jonah2

Green Belt
Reaction score
Dan G said:
..Probably see you in a month or two!...
Don't think i'll be at york road that quick - When I get back to training i'm going to suggest - if acceptable to Mr C, that I go through with each belt from yellow to 1st brown again to refesh on the syllabus and get back to full fitness (put on a stone in a year and a half - fat boy) before starting the bb syllabus on full tilt.

All that said, I might have lost it enough for Mr C to put me back to white and formally grade again - wouldn't blame him - and I certainly wouldn't want to show a grade I'm not worthy of. So I suppose I could be at York road with my ol' white gi again.

Good luck on the new job front - legal bod aren't you!!

Cheers Jonah

Gin - Gin Thanks for the words of support - one day at a time eh!

Dan G

Green Belt
Reaction score
jonah2 said:
Don't think i'll be at york road that quick - When I get back to training i'm going to suggest - if acceptable to Mr C, that I go through with each belt from yellow to 1st brown again to refesh on the syllabus and get back to full fitness (put on a stone in a year and a half - fat boy) before starting the bb syllabus on full tilt.

All that said, I might have lost it enough for Mr C to put me back to white and formally grade again - wouldn't blame him - and I certainly wouldn't want to show a grade I'm not worthy of. So I suppose I could be at York road with my ol' white gi again.
If it makes you feel better I put on 2 stone since we were last both on the mat. Dropping it off pretty quickly now that I'm not either stuck behind a desk or down the pub - but a lot harder to shift it than put it on.

Good luck with getting back on the mat again. I think all of us wearing a brown belt feel the same about revisiting all the material whether or not we've had a break. Must be something to do with knowing just enough to realise how much more there is to learn...

jonah2 said:
Good luck on the new job front - legal bod aren't you!!

Cheers Jonah

Gin - Gin Thanks for the words of support - one day at a time eh!
Cheers, still doing legal stuff. Trick is to find a job in London which lets me out to train in the evenings - contract I had for the last year and a half was unusually kenpo friendly. Considering work in Exeter as well.

Good luck and see you sometime soon. Say hello to Mr C and the rest of the club for me!

Cheers:asian:

Dan

Latest Discussions