need to get back into shape in a hurry....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
after lounging for far to long I have been asked to participate in a tribute to a fellow martial artist here in the coming months.
I used to be known - 6 years ago - for my high kicks, which won't happen here any time soon.

I mostly need energy to get started on the workout routine.... :(

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's my problem, I'm not getting any younger and working shifts drains you. I need desperately to lose some weight and get fitter, toning up would be good too. I'm fighting an under active thyroid and being tired most of the time.
Can someone suggest a workout we can do that Gran and I can push each other into it! And anyone else that wants to join in!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think small. Start out with a 10 minute walk and add a minute each day. First week your up to 17 minutes. At the end of 3 weeks your doing a 30 minute walk.
Now for the next 3 weeks do Intervals, start out with the walk and then a slow jog, minute on minute off, still adding a minute a day.
In 6 weeks time you're doing almost an hour every night.
At this point your body is entering a routine which will equate to progress.

Just a suggestion above, start slow, have a plan, add to it everyday, and results are sure to follow.

terrylamar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Any of the P90X programs. Just keep hitting the button every day. In no time you will be in shape.

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The nice thing about conditioning is, unlike strength, it's easy to get back.

Tabata protocol HIIT works for me. 20s work flat out, 10s rest. Repeat eight times. You'll get as much or more out of this than P90X or similar. If strength is important, try a freeweight plan like starting strength or Stronglifts and you're still spending less time working out than P90X takes you.

Also, you will HATE HIIT. It never gets easier either.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
HIIT sucks to do but it works. :asian:

Also, I am up for shared pain :D Happy to share what I am doing if it helps anyone else.

Latest Discussions