Natural selection at work in my home town...

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A lot of folks look to firearms for self-defense. It can be a good idea or not, depending on your situation. Here in Arizona any idiot can carry a gun, openly or concealed, without any permit at all. Some folks carry for good reason. Others just to be macho. Many of my friends carry, but they already had concealed carry permits, and all of them know their way around firearms. Then on the other hand there are the idiots out there. They are a danger to all of us and themselves... with or without a gun (personally I'm most afraid of them when they get behind the wheel of a car). Anyway, sometimes natural selection takes care of the problem:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...dler-man-accidentally-shoots-himself-in-penis

Any thoughts?

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
My thoughts:

Every firearm has two safeties. One is mechancal on the weapon. The other one mental in the person's mind.

Obviously, neither were engaged.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anyone else fnd it humurous that the man shot himself with his girlfriend's "pink pistol"? :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I use to work with a guy who grew up in Fairbanks Alaska and he once said that you would think there would be more hand gun problems in Alaska because the two favorite pastimes of everyone he knew there were shooting and drinking. But he chalked it up to that no one ever gets so drunk they don’t remember the other guy can shoot back :D

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
I couldn't help but laugh at the news clip. The color of the gun is really of no concern. However they brought it up anyway, which implies they sure found it amusing.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
A lot of folks look to firearms for self-defense. It can be a good idea or not, depending on your situation. Here in Arizona any idiot can carry a gun, openly or concealed, without any permit at all. Some folks carry for good reason. Others just to be macho. Many of my friends carry, but they already had concealed carry permits, and all of them know their way around firearms. Then on the other hand there are the idiots out there. They are a danger to all of us and themselves... with or without a gun (personally I'm most afraid of them when they get behind the wheel of a car). Anyway, sometimes natural selection takes care of the problem:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...dler-man-accidentally-shoots-himself-in-penis

Any thoughts?

good. But I would love to have constitutional carry here in my state. I am sure for a few years you will have the once in while idiot. I guarantee you will regardless of the laws any way. I will say however that its proven historically that armed societies are polite and peaceful and law abiding. It also shows that weapons control never has and never will work! consult the history of Okinawa, Columbia, the late USSR and other places where any weapon in the case of Okinawa, and even one cartridge in Columbia was forbidden, and it was a capital crime to have one!!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone else fnd it humurous that the man shot himself with his girlfriend's "pink pistol"? :)

Sounds more like he shot off his girlfriend's pink pistol *badabing*
:redcaptur

Stealthy

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So the story is he had his 'nads blown off by his girlfriends pistol....methinks there may be more to this story than meets the eye.

:shooter: "Take that you cheating Bastar*"

She probably passed him the pistol, fully loaded, "cocked" and ready to go...with a small paper clip wrapped around the trigger with the tail hanging out.

oh, one more.........How to De-Cock (with)a Cocked pistol

Lee Mainprize

Orange Belt
Reaction score
In the UK we don't have this problem and find it very alien for lots of people to be carrying guns. I mean you don't have to take a self control test to get one...any fool can pull a trigger.

This must encourage more sane minded people to avoid any kind of argument!

thegatekeeper

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I couldn't help but laugh at the news clip. The color of the gun is really of no concern. However they brought it up anyway, which implies they sure found it amusing.

LOL! I was just about to post this haha.