National Prayer Day....

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't believe the control the world and banks thing. Put words in my mouth, why don'cha! Jews are not nazi terrorists.

I would hope not, or else they'd end up killing themselves. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, ask other Christians. I'm not the only one with the "proof" a you call it. It's just plain fact.

Poppycock.

I was raised a "Christian", and I have yet to see any of this documented proof or historical evidence. I, in fact, have yet to find any concrete primary-source evidence that Jesus even existed.

Don't say something is "plain fact" when its heavily debated and controversial.

In the end, shaolin, you made the claim. The burden of proof is on you. Its not up to the questioner to find the evidence from your "other Christians" for you.

Feel free to discuss the issue at hand, which is marriage. Feel free to take any off-topic discussion (anything not about marriage) and start a new thread.

Ummmm.... actually, I think the original topic was National Prayer Day. :uhyeah:

Laterz.

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
quite hijacking my thread.

This thread is about whether or not the government has overstepped it's boundries through the national designation of a national prayer day.

This is not a thread about the "pagan" or "shamenistic" influences of Christianity, whether or not Shaolinwolf said that the "Jews" control the world or not, whether or not the Jewish "high priests" were controlled by the Roman government, whether or not Mel Gibson is the true messiah or not, or whether or not Christianity is a "poppycock" grand conspiricy to control the world.

If you want to talk about any of those things, start another thread.

Thanks.

S

ShaolinWolf

Nightingale, I thought this was National Day of Prayer, not Marriage...

P.S. yes, I contradicted myself accidently. I was typing fast, Heretic. It was infallible then they couldn't find anything fallible. ok?

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nightingale said:
ok... just a pre-emptive warning that the mods are keeping an eye on this thread. Some posts are approaching lines we don't want crossed.

Feel free to discuss the issue at hand, which is National Prayer Day. Feel free to take any off-topic discussion (anything not about National Prayer Day) and start a new thread.

Thanks much!

-Nightingale-
MT MOD

heh...O.K., this time ME da moron. I didn't see Nightingale's warning before I posted. Sorry!

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL.

I was reading two threads at once. I posted in the right thread with the wrong topic and caught it about ten seconds after I posted. hmmph. you read it too fast.

R

rmcrobertson

"And the Jews taking part in Killing Jesus, That's what they'd like you to think. It's just a hush hush thing that has been denied over the past 2000 years. But I can't give you anything more than you've read.

What do you say of the Complete Jews? The term has been coined for the Jews that have fully understood Christ's Love and have turned to the Bible for answers. What is your take on that, CanuckMA?

Also, Christ was of the Line of David, look in Matthew 1:1-17. As to the other stuff, He will come back and bring world peace to everyone. Then everyone will know he is Lord. It'll be a sad time when those who are not saved see him and it's too late. They will plead and plead, but He will cast them into the Lake of fire because they CHOSE not to know him and rather follow their own whims. I know I'll get plenty of backlash for these last few comments, heck the whole post, but God doesn't want anyone to Perish, yet the majority will..."

So, paragraph 1: despite the odd phrasing, the point is that "the Jews," have been engaged in this, "hush hush thing that has been denied for...2000 years," which is to say that "they," have been engaged in this Big Conspiracy.

Para 2: "complete Jews," unlike those with no true faith, have all accepted Christianity asthe one True Religion.

Para 3: Ever' body what don't believe as I do will burn in hell forever. Because God is Love.

All of this connected to the insistence that we need a National Prayer day.

But there's no problem with the argument whatsoever.

Just to be a jerk, if you don't like the religious principles, history of tolerance, and Bill of Rights of this great country, whyn't you go live in Iran? Their theocracy sounds like just what ya want...or if not, how's it differ?

don bohrer

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I for one am glad we live in a country were we can have a national day of prayer and that it is my choice should I choose to observe it or not.

don

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with a religious group declaring a "national prayer day" or whatnot. I do, however, see a problem with the government declaring it, simply because the government cannot "respect" one religion over another, and not all religions pray.

S

ShaolinWolf

I agree, don. And I like this country. I am glad there is religious freedom over here. I'd be dead over in Iran or Iraq. Here, I can worship Christ Freely.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
rmcrobertson said:
"And the Jews taking part in Killing Jesus, That's what they'd like you to think. It's just a hush hush thing that has been denied over the past 2000 years. But I can't give you anything more than you've read.

What do you say of the Complete Jews? The term has been coined for the Jews that have fully understood Christ's Love and have turned to the Bible for answers. What is your take on that, CanuckMA?

Also, Christ was of the Line of David, look in Matthew 1:1-17. As to the other stuff, He will come back and bring world peace to everyone. Then everyone will know he is Lord. It'll be a sad time when those who are not saved see him and it's too late. They will plead and plead, but He will cast them into the Lake of fire because they CHOSE not to know him and rather follow their own whims. I know I'll get plenty of backlash for these last few comments, heck the whole post, but God doesn't want anyone to Perish, yet the majority will..."

So, paragraph 1: despite the odd phrasing, the point is that "the Jews," have been engaged in this, "hush hush thing that has been denied for...2000 years," which is to say that "they," have been engaged in this Big Conspiracy.

Para 2: "complete Jews," unlike those with no true faith, have all accepted Christianity asthe one True Religion.

Para 3: Ever' body what don't believe as I do will burn in hell forever. Because God is Love.

All of this connected to the insistence that we need a National Prayer day.

But there's no problem with the argument whatsoever.

Just to be a jerk, if you don't like the religious principles, history of tolerance, and Bill of Rights of this great country, whyn't you go live in Iran? Their theocracy sounds like just what ya want...or if not, how's it differ?

Robert,

No Disrespect. I had a hard time realizing when the quote ended and your comments began. I did see the ", yet it was not obvious to the flow.

Sorry for the confusion.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nightingale said:
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with a religious group declaring a "national prayer day" or whatnot. I do, however, see a problem with the government declaring it, simply because the government cannot "respect" one religion over another, and not all religions pray.

This is my problem. The Federal Government called for this. My Money was used for this. Your money was used for this.

What also gets me is that the company I work for also set aside some major conference rooms and had people from bible classes or study groups available for discussion. They people got paid to discuss religion. I did not. Hmmmmm Where is my Union rep so I can file a complaint. Oh wait I am salary just like they were. Yet, I was not able to take advantage of this.

Yet, this simple cost in many locations of a large company probably cost thousands of dollars. As a Stock holder and a customer I do not like what this has done to my RONA, and stock options.

I have no problem if it was after work.

I have no problem if it was all time off without pay and in rooms not used for other business. (* The Last being very difficult to accomplish *).

Oh Well

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, you would be eligible IF you were a member of an "Officially Sanctioned Religion".

Sadly, I'm not, but I took time to engage in something meaningful to my beliefs on company time as well. My cats were very happy with the offering I presented them with and they spread their blessings unto me.

(At least thats how I choose to see the mad dash for the dinner bowl and the hair they shed on me.) :)

Peace Y'all.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score

Well said.

I agree, don. And I like this country. I am glad there is religious freedom over here. I'd be dead over in Iran or Iraq. Here, I can worship Christ Freely.

Selective religious freedom, anyway. :rolleyes:

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ShaolinWolf said:
Actually, Iraq has been a very secular society under Saddam Hussein. Many religions were practiced without condemnation, including Christianty. As a matter of fact, Tariq Azziz, the Iraqi Secretary to the United Nations during the first Gulf was is a Christian.

Of course, now that George W has deposed Saddam Hussein, quite probably, life for those Iraqi Christians will be quite a bit more dangerous; how's that for ironic.
http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/Chronicles/March2003/0303Allensworth.html

Of course, I'm sure these Iraqi Christians weren't practicing your type of Christianity, so it probably doesn't matter anyhow.

Mike

P.S. - You're right about Iran though, Christianity is not looked upon kindly by the authorities in that country.

S

ShaolinWolf

Seriously though, the Muslim Countries, heck the Israeli countries, HECK THE MIDDLE EAST, is not a place I want to be right now, especially being an American. I probably won't be visiting Jerusalem or Tel Aviv or the Wailing Wall, or any historical Site in the Middle East for a long time. I know the Muslims are nice and all in a sense, but the Muslim Shiite, no thank you. I understand not all Muslims are Radicals, but I don't want to go to the Middle East. Period. Heck I don't even want to go to Northern Africa, Sudan, anywhere near Saudi or Iraq. I would love to reach them, but only if its God's plan for my life as a missionary.

And MY type of Christianity...I'd say Christianity in general. In the Middle East...it's quite hard to be as pronounced over there than over here. Iraqi Christianity and American Christianity are one and the same, it's all a matter of how much Freedom you have. Big Matter of Freedom.

:asian:

P.S. Just Wanted to point out, I'm not saying all Muslims are Radicals. I believe and know there are plenty of Muslims that are kind and caring. I'm just talking about the Shiite Radicals Branch. Nothing more. Just wanted to point that out.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
And MY type of Christianity...I'd say Christianity in general. In the Middle East...it's quite hard to be as pronounced over there than over here. Iraqi Christianity and American Christianity are one and the same, it's all a matter of how much Freedom you have. Big Matter of Freedom.

And this coming from the guy who earlier said that all TRUE Christians (whatever that's supposed to mean) would interpret and understand things exactly the same??

Riiiiigggght. :rolleyes:

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
heretic888 said:
And this coming from the guy who earlier said that all TRUE Christians (whatever that's supposed to mean) would interpret and understand things exactly the same??

Riiiiigggght. :rolleyes:
Not to mention that this devoutee goes by the handle "Shaolinwolf", are you a Buddhist monk from Shaolin who likes wolves, or are you an anamistic shaman who studies shaolin kung fu, or......

Latest Discussions