Name our club

P

paulk

Hi

You guys all seem to no what your talking about so, lets get some ideas.

We teach Kempo Jujitsu and are looking to find a suitable name for the club rather than one based on the name of the small village we train in.

So I will start with the first shot in the hope that I will not get shot down.

How about :- Hoshin Ryu Kempo Jujitsu ?

Paul K

OP
G

GouRonin

The funniest name for a school I ever saw was, "Crazy Bob's House Of Pain."

I swear to god that was a real name of a school.
:eek:

OP
P

paulk

Thats the best I've heard.

Can any one do better?

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was thinking Shaun of the Dead :D

No idea how to connect Zombies, Cricket Bats and Batman though :(

The Batman soundtrack was the album they agreed was disposable enough to throw at the zombies to decapitate them. This line stood out for me because I used to have a roommate who would play it over and over.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Is it just me, or when these old threads pop up it seems like everyone who posted a few years ago ended up banned somehow. As a moderator on another site myself (Jemsite, an Ibanez guitar site) I find it unsettling. Anyway, I'm not questioning moderation past or present here, but it does make we want to post less, just in case I step over an unseen line. I have the distinct feeling I'm doing it now, but there's alot of thread resurection today.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is it just me, or when these old threads pop up it seems like everyone who posted a few years ago ended up banned somehow.

Banned or simply closed thier account.

As a moderator on another site myself (Jemsite, an Ibanez guitar site) I find it unsettling. Anyway, I'm not questioning moderation past or present here, but it does make we want to post less, just in case I step over an unseen line. I have the distinct feeling I'm doing it now, but there's alot of thread resurection today.

I didn't even notice that this was an old thread. Duh.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is it just me, or when these old threads pop up it seems like everyone who posted a few years ago ended up banned somehow. As a moderator on another site myself (Jemsite, an Ibanez guitar site) I find it unsettling. Anyway, I'm not questioning moderation past or present here, but it does make we want to post less, just in case I step over an unseen line. I have the distinct feeling I'm doing it now, but there's alot of thread resurection today.

Not banned, but members that stop coming around get deleted and show up as guests with names. People getting banned doesn't happen too often.

This thread is 5 1/2 years old, at some point in there the member just stopped coming around. Same as with real world clubs, how many people in your martial arts class have come and gone in the last 5 years? Eventually there file gets closed and they aren't considered a member anymore, same thing happens here.

Latest Discussions