Myself in others in a WMA and JMA demonstration (video)...

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Didn't know where else to put this, but we feature WMA so I figured this would work.

I did a little American combatives (exerts from my bare-knuckle program), and then helped my friend of the Detroit Knife Fighters Guild (Chris Fisk) do a Crossada/Bowie demo. You have to get through the 1st half which is a Japanese Martial Arts Demo from a local school (very nice people, btw). It took me a while to load the vid, for whatever reason, but click on the vid link from this page:

http://englesamericanbistro.com/events.html

This footage missed a lot, particularly my takedowns, but it doesn't look to bad. :idunno: We don't train in a "demo friendly" fashion, so events like this can be difficult for me; but all in all, fun. If your in the area, come see us for the next one; we should be doing one at "Engles American Bistro," the best upscale food in Sterling Heights, every few months...

Paul

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Been waiting about 3 /2 min. already and it has not loaded yet for me
I'll try again later

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks for the feedback. I didn't know if it was just me or what.

The links been up for about two months. Chris and I just did another demo last night at the same place, and that's when I found out they put up footage. I knew I was being taped, but didn't know it was on the site.

I should also mention that I don't really do "demo's" though; I do short instructionals. So, it would almost be better to hear my talking points rather then music. The thing is most of our training is "live," rather then working with cooperative partners. This is not demo friendly. I'd have to either change the entire training format so that partners weren't resisting and unpredictable, thus allowing for demo-friendly techniques, or I would have to spend a lot of time choreographing with a partner. Either just doesn't seem practical to me, even though I know a lot of people enjoy demo-friendly practice and are very talented at it.

So, I tend to make my "demo" more of a short instructional that is unchoreographed, where the focus is on a short lesson rather then a "look at me" type of thing. It just seems more valuable that way.

Paul

OP
Cruentus

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Been waiting about 3 /2 min. already and it has not loaded yet for me
I'll try again later

That sucks. I'll see if I can get the raw footage and put it up here. There was a lot more to what I was doing then what was shown, anyway. Although, it never seems to work out everytime I say I'll put up a video...but we'll see... ;)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It could be this comp I am on also makeing things slow.
I would love to see the raw footage

Latest Discussions