My son's first football game

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well today was d-day for my 9 and 9 year old first game, first off they are on a team that are all beginners and they lost but was in great spirits. The other team won the championship last year and it showed. My 8 yr. old plays middle linebacker and had 15 tackels and one force fumble. The 9 yr old plays wide reciever and cornerback and had two tackles and no catches. The team lost 38 to 0 but 4 touch down was on 4 plays one is where we only had 10 men and middle linebacker and they ran the ball up the middle for forty three yards and the other two was ove fifty yards runs so all in all we did well.

I know next week they will be better only had two weeks of full pad practice and it showed a lot.
Terry

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well today was d-day for my 9 and 9 year old first game, first off they are on a team that are all beginners and they lost but was in great spirits. The other team won the championship last year and it showed. My 8 yr. old plays middle linebacker and had 15 tackels and one force fumble. The 9 yr old plays wide reciever and cornerback and had two tackles and no catches. The team lost 38 to 0 but 4 touch down was on 4 plays one is where we only had 10 men and middle linebacker and they ran the ball up the middle for forty three yards and the other two was ove fifty yards runs so all in all we did well.

I know next week they will be better only had two weeks of full pad practice and it showed a lot.
Terry

Hey Terry, glad that your kid's played well! Tell them to keep trying and practicing hard and they will certainly win some games.
icon14.gif

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Terry, glad that your kid's played well! Tell them to keep trying and practicing hard and they will certainly win some games.
icon14.gif

Thanks Brian as you and some other knows, I do not care if they win or loose as long as they learn and grow from there experience. I sure they will win some all team do.
Terry

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cool!! Keep us posted on their progress.

Jeff

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So no side kicks or knife-hand strikes in the game? :)

Yes, please keep us posted.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So no side kicks or knife-hand strikes in the game? :)

Yes, please keep us posted.

No Crushing they actually play football without kicking except for Michael he got to kick the ball off, so he got his one kick done and went to linebacker.
Terry

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cool!! Keep us posted on their progress.

Jeff

Jeff you know I will I'm a proud parent and coach no matter what happens as long as they gave 110% at all times.
Terry

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No Crushing they actually play football without kicking except for Michael he got to kick the ball off, so he got his one kick done and went to linebacker.
Terry

Yes Sir. I was joking as I thought you posted previously about their martial arts possibly kicking in during football. I searched the threads and couldn't find it, so I must have been mistaken. No disrespect intended.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes Sir. I was joking as I thought you posted previously about their martial arts possibly kicking in during football. I searched the threads and couldn't find it, so I must have been mistaken. No disrespect intended.

Crushing you are right my youngest kicked the kid with a roundhouse when he tapped in on the helment and the other one ridge hand a kid for hitting his butt. I was happing to see none of that today they have come a long way in two weeks.
Thank you for your comments.
Terry

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love threads like these. :)

Glad they have good spirits about it Terry. That is simply awesome.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Great job! Sure no score yet, but as long as they had a good time and learned something it was a good outing. 8 & 9? Wow, I kind of forgot how young football starts in Texas. Keep us posted on their season!

If you want to shock them, (anybody that lives south of Virginia might want to sit down for this) up here at the top of Maine, there isn't a school within 100 miles in any direction that even HAS a football program.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Yep, it's there. It's hilarious too!

Glad your boys had a good time with their first game Terry. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted on the progress of your boys and the team. :)