My knees are weird

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
On the upside of this, I mean beyond learning how to walk on my hands ;), If I end up going for arthroscopic surgery on the left knee, and I go for the ultrasound targeted cortisone shot on the right hip, I may just be able to get back to xingyiquan......

Sean Kovarovic

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am new to the forum. After I got out of the military, my knees were so bad I had to crawl up and down the stairs. After 6 months of doing taijiquan I could walk up the stairs again. I also became a certified Physical Therapy Technician. I am going to be posting a lot of videos on here. If you would like in a month or 2 I can post a video of my knee physical therapy routine. It should help. Absolutely FREE of course.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am new to the forum. After I got out of the military, my knees were so bad I had to crawl up and down the stairs. After 6 months of doing taijiquan I could walk up the stairs again. I also became a certified Physical Therapy Technician. I am going to be posting a lot of videos on here. If you would like in a month or 2 I can post a video of my knee physical therapy routine. It should help. Absolutely FREE of course.
I, for one, would love to see that.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also would love to see that :). Welcome to MT Sean!

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Would love to see them as well. But a bit of an update to this thread. I have had arthroscopic knee surgery and I am currently in PT, but I'm always open to more that will help the knee.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
On the upside of this, I mean beyond learning how to walk on my hands ;), If I end up going for arthroscopic surgery on the left knee, and I go for the ultrasound targeted cortisone shot on the right hip, I may just be able to get back to xingyiquan......
Just read this post. I have never heard of guided cortisone shots. Have you had them and could you tell any difference from a regular knee injection?

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, here we are almost 11 weeks after the knee surgery and I still can't walk down stairs normally. And today, PT found a large round lump just above the knee cap, that hurts a lot if you press on it. They want me to check with the MD. Luckily I have an appointment with him next week

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, here we are almost 11 weeks after the knee surgery and I still can't walk down stairs normally. And today, PT found a large round lump just above the knee cap, that hurts a lot if you press on it. They want me to check with the MD. Luckily I have an appointment with him next week
Sorry to hear Xue, hopefully just inflammation or mild fluid and not a cyst.

Latest Discussions