My birthday cake

Jonathan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Now, I know, this seems like it'd belong over in the Urasai Grill... but given the motif of the cake, I thought some of the boxers around here would appreciate it. :) My wife (who is a wiz when it comes to baking and decorating) made it for me (and if you like this, you should have seen the Xbox cake she made for me last year!):

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg
Ringside seats!

pic1.jpg

OP
Jonathan

Jonathan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Looks yummy! When's your birthday?

Actually, it was 8/24. I haven't had the pics up online for all that long, though, and figured that folks around here would get a kick outta seeing it. :)

And, OMG was it good. She makes her own icing- in this case, white chocolate cream cheese, on top of a dual layer yellow/chocolate cake. (Per the instructions, it would serve 72 slices of 'wedding cake serving size'!)

The "LA Boxing" logo was included as that's where I'll be taking boxing lessons (a year-long contract was my birthday gift this year!) :D

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And, OMG was it good. She makes her own icing- in this case, white chocolate cream cheese, on top of a dual layer yellow/chocolate cake.

My mouth is sooooo watering. Why must you tease me like this?!?!?!! lol

She ought to open a bakery!

King

Green Belt
Reaction score
lol that is one big cake. Nicely done, belated happy birthday btw.

OP
Jonathan

Jonathan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My mouth is sooooo watering. Why must you tease me like this?!?!?!! lol

She ought to open a bakery!

We've considered it, but unfo that'd require more capital than we can manage. Plus, she loves her FT job too much. And I'd worry about the stress she'd put herself through! :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That looks like an AWESOME cake Jon!

How lucky for you to have such a supportive wife. Happy Belated Birthday and thanks so much for sharing that! That is so COOL!