My best Friend

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
First of all, as another cat lover, please accept my condolences.

Second, as others have said and I must echo, NEVER feel ashamed or trivialized over grief at the loss of a loved one, human or animal.

And I've a feeling one way or the other, the murderer (for that is what he is) will get his comeuppance, natural or otherwise. Tales from the world over would seem to confirm it:

*In Egypt, in honor of Isis, anyone who killed a cat was put to death.

*In my ancestral country of Ireland, it was 17 years bad luck to anyone who killed a cat.

*And it appears in several cultures that killing a cat is equal to sacrificing one's soul to the Devil.

I don't think, one way or another, he's coming away from this scot-free.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm so sorry about your loss. My 16 year old kitty is my best friend too...wishing all of you lots of prayers.

:asian:

Jonathan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Another cat lover here- I'd be absolutely griefstricken if that happened to my cats (they passed naturally), so don't feel at all ashamed about your feelings. Pets, despite some attempts to diminish them, are members of family. They give companionship, and unconditional love. To treat them as less than family is to trivialize them.

Best wishes to you and your family- and I hope the cops turn up something with their investigations, if for no other reason than to ensure another being doesn't get injured.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad at least you didn't have to make that awful decision. I have just been telling my daughter Katie (who is also owned by a well loved cat) she also sends her love and condolences to you and your family. What she said about the murderer is unprintable and I agree with her. My love and best wishes to you all.

Nemesis

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am sorry for your lost! I had animals all my life from cats and dogs to hamsters, pidgeons, turtles and crickets (dont ask) and i understand your grief very well.

I had a german sheppard that died a year ago with a tumor and she was one of my greatest friends ever. Just remmember the good moments you spend with your friend.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am so, SO sorry for this tragedy. My deepest condolences. It matters not whether your best friend is your pet or a human buddy. Friends touch our lives in unspeakable ways all the same. Again, I am very sorry. :(

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm very sorry for your loss, SD. Wishing you and your family much grace and a measure of peace in this difficult time.

And 'heartless bastard' is far more gracious a term than I could use if it were me in your shoes. I know I speak for many of us in saying that I have a very special problem with anyone who is cruel to animals or children.

Latest Discussions