Music

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by KenpoTess

I need some good titles and artists names so I can go find them .. :)

Do you like 80's music? You said Techno, I suggest Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Pet Shop Boys, Platnum Blonde, Def Leppard and dare I say Bon Jovi????

I'll see what else I can think of. :D

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoGirl

Do you like 80's music? You said Techno, I suggest Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Pet Shop Boys, Platnum Blonde, Def Leppard and dare I say Bon Jovi????

I'll see what else I can think of. :D
Thanks Dot.. I'll check them out.. *G*

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I use the Kodo drummers from Japan for bagwork and rhythm sparring. Good for stick work or picking up some speed, whith emphasis when working an advanced technique line.

Heard them at the University of Texas years ago. They do a United States tour every couple of years, and I highly recommend seeing them if they show up near you.

-Michael
UKS-Texas

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by Michael Billings

I use the Kodo drummers from Japan for bagwork and rhythm sparring. Good for stick work or picking up some speed, whith emphasis when working an advanced technique line.

Heard them at the University of Texas years ago. They do a United States tour every couple of years, and I highly recommend seeing them if they show up near you.

-Michael
UKS-Texas

That's a good idea, and adds some authentisity if you are a Traditional Karate studio. I've seen them on TV a couple times and saw part of a documentary about them as well. Total dedication to the art. Breath Eat and Sleep the drums.

You wouldn't happen to know where to find CD of their music would you?

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by D.Cobb

At least you seem to listen to some of the new stuff, now and again....
All I ever listen to is country music, or Jimmy Buffet...

C'mon, I'm not really that old....
--Dave

Long live the Parrot Heads.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I Love Metal nothing gets my blood
Pumping hared than Metal.

Can't get no kick if U got no soul
Never turn your back on Rock "n" Roll
:D :D
:soapbox: Metal rules
:asian:
Primo

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
...no one has yet given me any techno bands that they listen to...or songs in general. must...have...bass. :D

OP
P

pineapple head

Can only agree with you Les , this is also great car music it really relaxes you , not too much though got to remember were driving...;)

Gary.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
time to revive this dying beast. anyone got any new suggestions on music? techno/trance/rock preferabble. must have driving bass. a new goodie I've found is a band called Maroon 5 - Harder To Breathe. fast tempo and cool to listen to.

other bands I'd have to go with are Disturbed, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Prodigy, Crystal Method, New Order, and Soil to name a few. give these a search on Kazaa and see what you come up with. there are some really good ones out there.

does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions. and please...no Enya.... :armed:

OP
M

M F

If any of you like rap music(I know, I know:D ), get on Kazaa or something like it and do a search for "Red Cloud." He has a song called "When Kenpo Strikes." Pretty interesting lyrics talking about all kinds of Martial Arts. He uses quite a few Kenpo terms and refrains from using profanity, at least in this song. I thought it was pretty cool, but I am a big rap fan.

Latest Discussions