Music

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've used music in warmming up before pratice, or for running. But for pratice itself - never. I've moved away from using music, because it doesn't set the right frame of mind under warming up. Warming up before prativce has two meanings for me. 1- the physical warming up, 2- the mental state is set.

/Yari

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
AC/DC Back in Black has got to be the ultimate.

Yeah baby!!!!! Good choice. :D

A favorite of mine is Trance Party. It's a mix of a bunch of trance techno artists. And before you get goofy on me, I have no idea why it's called trance (it does not put me in me one :) )

:asian:

S

Shinzu

i agree with yari. it can psyche you up before a test, tournament or class. but during training i like to get myself in the right mindset also. so in that aspect i would shy against music.

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
We don't use any music in class. I never really thought about using it with my long fist stuff. I guess there would be some benefits to doing so, but we don't. Sometimes at home I will put some music on when practicing tai chi. I have a couple of CDs with "tai chi music" (some sort of Chinese music) and a couple ambient/new age ones, too, which is also generally relaxing. Sometimes a classical radio station works just fine. I don't always use music with tai chi, but when I do I like it to be nice, relaxing music because that helps set the mood and fits the style.

K

kickyou

Love to spar to rock and roll but it has to rock and it has to be LOUD.At tournaments before I walk into the ring for the 15 or 20 minutes before hand I listen to my cd player to get me pumped up and ready to rock.It works real well I also have been caught singing to myself while I am sparring it really throughs your opponents off to hear "Welcome to the jungle we got fun and games"you should see some of the looks I get and yes I have gotten warnings before for singing while sparring.But it takes 9 warnings to get you disqualified.LOL