Muay Thai Training for Beginners (From actual class in Thailand)

XS Progression

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey whats going on everyone?
I have recently been training in Chiang Mai, Thailand and I decided to make a video explaining everything I was being taught from an active competitive fighter and trainer.
Day 1 of training went over all the basic strikes: jab, punch, elbows, up elbows, knees, kicks and teeps. I got a lot of info from that class and used the clips from the class, with some voiceover to explain exactly what was being taught to me. The video also is a good representation on what an actual class is like training in Thailand. If you're a beginner, or just want to go over the basics from an actual Thai coach, check out the video here:

Let me know what you guys think about this style of video. I plan to make a Day 2 soon to go over blocks

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
Great! Can’t wait to see your progression. What MA or Boxing experience did you have going into this?

OP
X

XS Progression

White Belt
Reaction score
Great! Can’t wait to see your progression. What MA or Boxing experience did you have going into this?
Thanks! Definitely will be posting progress and before and after type vids as well!

Honestly nothing besides taking Tae Kwan Do when I was 4-5 years old. Interesting because I still snap my kicks from the knee instead of keeping my leg straight and following through. Quickly retraining that habit though! Spent some extra time on the bag after class to dial it in

Latest Discussions