Muay Thai Circuit Training

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
So tonight I was invited along to a Muay Thai gym to do a circuits class so I agreed. It was good fun. There was no technical instruction since it was just a fitness class. They have actual training sessions for technique and sparring etc on other days.

It was very intense the warm up was 5 minute skipping then since there was 14 of us in the class there were 14 stations which had things like 6 different types of punch bag, weights, press ups/ sit ups, burpies, shadow boxing with hand weights and jogging on the spot throwing punches and box jumps. It was 3 minutes each station with 30 second rest. Did it once then 1 more with each station 30 second blast. It was very tiring but it did my ego a lot of good to see I was keeping up with younger guys who actively compete.

It was defientely good fun. I used to not bother with those type of sessions when I was younger since I could just do it myself at home but it's not doing it with a group and you work harder when someone's running the session. I'll absolutely do it again and thinking of trying out one of the proper Muay Thai sessions

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah. We have a big thing about group fitness. Just for the motivation.

Latest Discussions