Mr. Trejo and teaching at the IKKA HQ

B

Billy Lear

Originally posted by Roland
School or even Organisation
curriculum is not supposed to be an issue.
The idea is to open the IKKA to everyone, including other Arts.
I hear there may be a special out reach towards other 'American' arts to try and get them on board.

Then why call it The International Kenpo Karate Association?

If it is going to represent other arts, then change the name.

On the same note:

Why call it an International association if the other arts that are given special interest when joining are primarily American?

It doesn't wash with me right now. Sorry. :shrug:

JD_Nelson

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Bringing all these groups under the IKKA will result in a flop.

These groups cannot see eye to eye now, the members of these groups posture up like a bunch of peacocks now what would it be like if they were all were working together. Granted the knowledge would benefit the students, but would the attitudes. The backbiting would not benefit the students. We all have heard this or that about him or her, and it grows tiring.

As critical of some on this board are of those who promote a noncommercial version of Kenpo, think about the fact they are wanting to save the IKKA the leaks have not concerned the quality of kenpo.

Ask yourself why the seniors left the IKKA in the first place. Was it because of differences in rank??? belt requirements??? A simple reason would be $$$$. If you are the leader of an Organization (Business) the top dog gets to be in control. Should have a top salary (within the means of the business). As an instructor inside an organization with rank. What happens when they get four X degree belts making different salaries. Why is he/she being paid more?? Feeling will get hurt, egos will be bruised, and the IKKA will finally fall apart. None of the Seniors look up to each other as they did Mr. Parker. The respect required will not be acheived for the leader. The driving force for the business may not be a kenpo practitioner, most likely will not be a Kenpoka. If he/she is not a 10th, the current 10ths will have the attitude of I am a tenth, and I will do it this way like it or not. I think this is called tailoring, I do it with my boss. What about organizational dues. The IKKA will not want to let the AKKI keep all the dues the AKKI collects. That is a revenue source the IKKA is looking at. I do not think the people who have developed these Organizations would be so willing to let their money go to someone else just because they are under the umbrella of the IKKA.So, the students dues will go up, tuition would could go up due to a monopolistic environment. Competition is good for the consumer. It helps us to get the most bang for our buck.

I think it would be great to see the Kenpo community come together. I would like to feel comfortable approaching some of the seniors and tapping their knowledge, but I can do that in a seminar if I want. There have been a couple of Seniors that have allowed me to contact them and communicate with them. I am greatful, My instructor knows about these times of sharing with the seniors as well but not ready to jump to the IKKA. I think overall this will result in more hard feelings between instuctors due to egos.

Salute

JD

P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by JD_Nelson
Bringing all these groups under the IKKA will result in a flop.

These groups cannot see eye to eye now, the members of these groups posture up like a bunch of peacocks now what would it be like if they were all were working together. Granted the knowledge would benefit the students, but would the attitudes. The backbiting would not benefit the students. We all have heard this or that about him or her, and it grows tiring.

As critical of some on this board are of those who promote a noncommercial version of Kenpo, think about the fact they are wanting to save the IKKA the leaks have not concerned the quality of kenpo.

Ask yourself why the seniors left the IKKA in the first place. Was it because of differences in rank??? belt requirements??? A simple reason would be $$$$. If you are the leader of an Organization (Business) the top dog gets to be in control. Should have a top salary (within the means of the business). As an instructor inside an organization with rank. What happens when they get four X degree belts making different salaries. Why is he/she being paid more?? Feeling will get hurt, egos will be bruised, and the IKKA will finally fall apart. None of the Seniors look up to each other as they did Mr. Parker. The respect required will not be acheived for the leader. The driving force for the business may not be a kenpo practitioner, most likely will not be a Kenpoka. If he/she is not a 10th, the current 10ths will have the attitude of I am a tenth, and I will do it this way like it or not. I think this is called tailoring, I do it with my boss. What about organizational dues. The IKKA will not want to let the AKKI keep all the dues the AKKI collects. That is a revenue source the IKKA is looking at. I do not think the people who have developed these Organizations would be so willing to let their money go to someone else just because they are under the umbrella of the IKKA.So, the students dues will go up, tuition would could go up due to a monopolistic environment. Competition is good for the consumer. It helps us to get the most bang for our buck.

I think it would be great to see the Kenpo community come together. I would like to feel comfortable approaching some of the seniors and tapping their knowledge, but I can do that in a seminar if I want. There have been a couple of Seniors that have allowed me to contact them and communicate with them. I am greatful, My instructor knows about these times of sharing with the seniors as well but not ready to jump to the IKKA. I think overall this will result in more hard feelings between instuctors due to egos.

Salute

JD

I couldn't agree with you more. Mr. Parker was the IKKA, he's not here and to me, the IKKA passed on with him. I'm certainly not going to spend my money on it, I know, no one asked me, but I'm sure they'll get to it, but I do wish them well in their endeavors if they think it's what they have to do.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

XtremeJ_AKKI

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by JD_Nelson
The IKKA will not want to let the AKKI keep all the dues the AKKI collects.

Though I understand that this is simply a hypothetical example, I do feel that I should make it clear that, to my knowledge, the AKKI is not under the umbrella of any organization, it is a seperate family under the guidance of Mr. Paul Mills.

JD_Nelson

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
XtremeJ........

Agreed. The IKKA and the AKKI are two seperate entities. I read this post a few times before I published it. I wanted to try to be clear with my point and have some reasoning behind and why I feel this way. I realize I am not the best writer by any means, and I did write this at work while saving the a SQL server so some of the points may stray. My apologies for some of the grammar and typo mistakes.

Salute

JD

Roland

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Cause I guess that is where the
announcement is going to be made.

K

Kenpo Yahoo

Kirk:
I heard that they'll still be allowed to exist, under the IKKA.

Well kiss my @$$ and call me suzy, that sounds like a great deal. Hey why the hell wouldn't anybody want to do this?

Here is a thought for you, most of these individual organizations, leaders, and members don't like people from some of the other organizations. So let's say you bring 4 tenth degrees under the "Umbrella" what do you think will happen? Do you really think that there will be a melding of minds? Or that each one of them will teach their hardcore material at any of the camps or on the videos? Hell NO!!!! They will teach dumbed down material and will continue to do what they are doing now with their own students. A new organization cannot change human behavior, especially in those who have had it engrained for 50+ years.
You are correct trust and respect is something that is earned so other than the opportunity to toot their own horns why do you think any of these individuals would want to be back in the IKKA?

As for allowing other associations to exist... well that sure is mighty nice of the IKKA considering organizations like the AKKI don't use IKKA material and are thriving on their own.

How's this for a thought Kirk, when you played pick up games of basketball, football, etc. you and the other captain always wanted the best players first, so if you're still being left out in the cold.. what does that tell you?

Just my thoughts and opinions.

B

Billy Lear

Originally posted by Kenpo Yahoo
Well kiss my @$$ and call me suzy, that sounds like a great deal. Hey why the hell wouldn't anybody want to do this?

Let's talk money for a minute... How much does it cost? Will it be in addition to your normal tuition and association dues? Are you really expected to pay all this money?

Let's Itemize this for Joe Average:

1. Normal Association Dues +

2. Association Dues Under the IKKA +

3. Testing Fees (where they apply) +

4. Certification Fees (Under the IKKA) +

5. School Tuition

= TOO MUCH MONEY :eek:

Melting Pot? Under the umbrella? How about... I'M MELTING! :(

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Kenpo Yahoo

Here is a thought for you, most of these individual organizations, leaders, and members don't like people from some of the other organizations. So let's say you bring 4 tenth degrees under the "Umbrella" what do you think will happen? Do you really think that there will be a melding of minds? Or that each one of them will teach their hardcore material at any of the camps or on the videos? Hell NO!!!! They will teach dumbed down material and will continue to do what they are doing now with their own students. A new organization cannot change human behavior, especially in those who have had it engrained for 50+ years.
You are correct trust and respect is something that is earned so other than the opportunity to toot their own horns why do you think any of these individuals would want to be back in the IKKA?

As for allowing other associations to exist... well that sure is mighty nice of the IKKA considering organizations like the AKKI don't use IKKA material and are thriving on their own.

How's this for a thought Kirk, when you played pick up games of basketball, football, etc. you and the other captain always wanted the best players first, so if you're still being left out in the cold.. what does that tell you?

Just my thoughts and opinions.

If they're getting paid a lot, and allowed to continue teaching the material as they always have, it works fine for them. Hard to pass up. But will they be allowed to do seminars in non IKKA schools? Doubtful.

If you're insinuating that my school sucks because they haven't been approached yet, go ahead with that feeling. My school isn't a place where someone like you should EVER show up at. Sit back and feel happy with yourself and that little comment.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Roland
Cause I guess that is where the
announcement is going to be made.
Roland,
Tess and I are taking a contingency, Mr. C is supposed to be there with us. We will relay as much as we can when we get back. Kaith, have you thought about contacting Ms. Cogliandrio and getting some MT stuff there?

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Kirk, Cool down Fido. I read his post and don't think he was slamming YOUR SCHOOL. I interpreted the statement to mean that the IKKA is not approaching people like, you, me and others that were not a driving force within the organization at the time of Mr. Parker's death.

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Seig
Kirk, Cool down Fido. I read his post and don't think he was slamming YOUR SCHOOL. I interpreted the statement to mean that the IKKA is not approaching people like, you, me and others that were not a driving force within the organization at the time of Mr. Parker's death.

You should read the entire thread. I made mention of how some schools have been approached, and others are still being kept in the dark of the "mystery" behind this ... when everybody already knows.

Originally posted by GouRonin
Just a note that Forest City Martial Arts Academy is now the IKKA HQ for Canada.

Call for more details.

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by tarabos
guess i don't keep up on all these organization comings and goings as much as i used to. can someone explain what the big deal is with this "new IKKA"?

this is pretty much the first i've heard of it...
[/QUOTE

Tarabos, that dude is way too ugly, bring back the "Big Dog!";)

tarabos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo
Tarabos, that dude is way too ugly, bring back the "Big Dog!";)

hey...all the sudden you love triumph?:rofl:

triumph.gif

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by tarabos
hey...all the sudden you love triumph?:rofl:

triumph.gif

It's either Triumph, or Jim Kelly! That dude is too scary!:D

XtremeJ_AKKI

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kirk
If you're insinuating that my school sucks because they haven't been approached yet, go ahead with that feeling. My school isn't a place where someone like you should EVER show up at. Sit back and feel happy with yourself and that little comment.

I saw no such insinuation either ( and yes, I've read the entire thread several times ). I think the point KenpoYahoo was trying to make is, they're going to go to those who they believe will be valuable assets to the organization. Perhaps if you weren't being so defensive, you'd understand that.

However, I'm pretty sure he'd have no hesitation about visiting your school. Hell, I'd go with him, to stop by and say HI.

K

Kirk

Originally posted by XtremeJ_AKKI
I saw no such insinuation either ( and yes, I've read the entire thread several times ). I think the point KenpoYahoo was trying to make is, they're going to go to those who they believe will be valuable assets to the organization. Perhaps if you weren't being so defensive, you'd understand that.

Notice, I said IF .

K

Kenpo Yahoo

Well, once again words on a computer screen are misconstrued, but hell I'd love to come down and see why I shouldn't ever come to a school like yours. I have to admit that I'm curious what some guy, who throws out open challenges on an internet forum, is capable of doing. Should be interesting.

Scheduling right now is a little rough, but I'll be in that area about mid fall, any earlier and the Riverwalk is just a walk along sauna. Oh yeah.. You can count on me contacting you.

Extreme_J
Hey man, you gonna make to Illinois, Salt Lake, or Vegas this Year?

Latest Discussions