Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sapper6 said:
i saw the same thing happen awhile back with arnisador badgering "Doc" Chapel. what gives you people this right? is it in defense of the "unsuspecting" customer...? are you the martial arts police...?
spend more time worrying about yourselves and less about what others are doing.

Sapper,

You seem to be passing judgement on people because they are passing judgement on someone else. Do you see just how ironic that is?

You seem to think that martial artists should conform to certain standards of behavior- and yet you are arguing with others for the same thing.

So, do you think that maybe you should spend more time worrying about yourself rather than what the people in this thread are doing- as the last line of the section I quoted from you says? You do not want people passing judgement on Bruce if his honesty and skill are not up to their level. But you feel it is only right of you to impose your views on others and take them to task about their behavior. Your way is correct in your view, all others are incorrect. That is not very fair to others.

And remember, we are talking about a man who has been caught in many lies. These were lies that he freely made here without prompting. His videos, posts etc also show that he has a very low understanding of martial arts. So far, I have counted colon cancer, diabities, surgery and a broken back as being given to explain why he can't move better than a one year student at the school I go to. Yet, despite the fact that he never got a black belt, he calls himself a tenth dan. Oh, and if you look at the responses to the times he has been corrected on his numerous mistakes, he shows an attitude that he does not need to be corrected and will instead argue to the death rather than admit he knows very little about what he writes.

That raises questions, and people want answers. Some people have expressed a frustration with me over the way he will try to act like he was an expert on a subject and write pages of stuff that is incorrect. As bad as the atmosphere is here, it is just the stuff that a lot of people are feeling over all the bad information that is being put out by who they see as an incompetent egomaniac who lies through his teeth.

If Bruce would only take the proper attitude of someone who knows as little as he does and apologize for his past actions, things would be a lot smoother around here.

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thank you Don, that was more eloquently put than I could ever manage (plus I'd probably have made a lot of spelling mistakes!)

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Swordlady said:
I know this is a pretty dead topic, but did anyone see Bruce's videos: http://www.goldendragondojo.com/VideoVault.html

Check out the kama demonstration. Is he using them properly?
There is no way in hell he is using the kama in any manner, shape or form in tyhe way that a knowledge weapons mans would. Here's a hugh clue-go to the part in video where in one of the meaningless twirls, he wraps the cord aroung his hand. See where he is looking? At his own hand! As a Iaidoka what would happen if you looked at the scabbard on the reseath?
Again Bruce is willing to impose his cra* on the world

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The circus has gone on long enough. Based on an extended and extensive discussion among the members of the MartialTalk Administration team, and the Martial Talk Steering Board, of the comments made publicly, as well as information received from several other forums, Mr. Bruce Calkins' membership here has been revoked.

MartialTalk is a forum for the friendly discussion of the arts. To preserve that friendly environment, disruptive influences are not welcome, and will be removed after careful and deliberate consideration by our staff.

At this point, the matter is ended. Please drop it, and move on.

Thank you,
- MartialTalk Administration Team-

Status
Not open for further replies.