More No-Touch Knockouts.

D

DKI Girl

so then why do alot of boxers succeed in KO's when they have one heel lifted???

Just food for thought.

dki girl

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by DKI Girl

Just food for thought.

dki girl

Based on my discussions with some folks on sparring, its more of an extention/stretch thing. Gives that extra inch or 2 needed. I am over simplifying. They have always mentioned to only lift the heel, not the whole foot due to balance and stability.

The key here is heel lifted, not foot lifted.

:asian:

Y

yilisifu

Boxers also raise the rear heel to allow them to get more body "torque" which they need since they tend to strike with the force of the upper body rather than from the soles of the feet.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by DKI Girl

This is less so on the hook than it is on the cross, isn't it?

I'm really referring to the photos, however, where the foot on the same side as the punching hand is off the ground at roughly knee level--as well as the toes up/toes down theory I have heard Mr. Dillman espouse.

I've gotten a lot of good tuite stuff from the DKI group over the years and I appreciate it and understand its value, but I think this foot-lifting to affect polarity issue is off-track.

Y

yilisifu

Yes, it looks to me like Dillman has fallen into some sort of "new age" claptrap what with this polarity stuff, colors, and the like.
:D

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by yilisifu
Yes, it looks to me like Dillman has fallen into some sort of "new age" claptrap what with this polarity stuff, colors, and the like.

What’s next? A Dillman and Segal get together and they become Lamas and astral project themselves out of danger.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Beam me up Scotty.......

Or maybe the they will acquire skill in the dreaded Haitian art Voodoo? :rofl: :rofl:

I think "Georgie" needs a reality check........but I guess that's what happens when you start believing your own BS/propaganda.

Y

yilisifu

Yes, he does! Maybe he's just looking for new ways to dress up his scam so he can sell more videos and books and stay in the limelight. I don't think Taika Oyata needs to worry about Geiorgie...George is doing a fine job of destroying his own reputation all by himself.

........so if one strikes the opponent with an uppercut while standing on tippy-toes of one foot and imagining beaming the color of paisley through him....what happens.......?

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score

more like dived in. to the tunes of big dollars flowing from his ever adoring fans.

teach me how wearing a blue fedora on sunday morning while i touch my the right cheek of my tukus with my left hand to reverse my bio electrical polarity while striking with the last to fingers of my right hand, thumb tip pressing firmly against the life line to channel fresh squeezed chi into the strike, not forgeting to lift my right foot up and touch the back of the left thigh to now transform the reverse polarity to antigravity waves while gurgling a kiai at about five octaves above normal voice pattern to absorb atmospheric ions-- will stop a 300 lb. doped-up mugger from taking my wallet.

only $39.99--- cash and credit cards only.

Jaz K.

T

Ty K. Doe

I haven't read all the posts because, quite frankly, there are too many to read. So I'm sorry if someone has already given the explanation for this phenomenon.

I have actually perfected this technique. And you can too quite easily.

First it requires rigorous training and nutrition. The most important exercise is the full sit-up. At least one to two hundred a day. This tightens the abdominal muscles.

Next, stand straight up with you hands behind your head, lean slightly forward so that your nose is out in front of your toes, then begin to rhythmically tighten and relax your abs. Doing this for 15 minutes per day will provide the right conditioning.

Now all you need is a steady diet of chilli, buritos, pizza, beer, and anything greasy.

The diet is the most important part of your training. Eating those foods one hour before any confrontation will ensure that your technique will be quite accurate.

Just so you don't become alarmed, it is possible that preceding the NTKO, your senses become so in-tune that you begin to hear things. Anything that sounds like a leaky tire to a low-pitched vibrating boom (slightly wet) is perfectly natural.

If you don't knock everyone out in the room, they'll sure be frightened enough that the room clears out.

This technique has worked for me on several occasions, and was taught to me by a great man who calls himself "The Flatulator."

The technique is called the Fearsom ART, or FART for short. Also known as the

F earsom
A rt of
R ank
T echniques.

R

RyuShiKan

Yes, he does! Maybe he's just looking for new ways to dress up his scam so he can sell more videos and books and stay in the limelight. I don't think Taika Oyata needs to worry about Geiorgie...George is doing a fine job of destroying his own reputation all by himself.

I think “Georgie’s” only competition is with say the likes of “Harry Potter”…….I mean they both seem to be trying the same “techniques” with magic wands and waving of the hands, spells and what not………..

........so if one strikes the opponent with an uppercut while standing on tippy-toes of one foot and imagining beaming the color of paisley through him....what happens.......?

The attacker turns into Richard Simmons

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, I had a chance to check out some clips of what were supposed to be 'No Touch' KO's....the funny thing is, there was contact that occured.

How can it be 'no touch' if you touch?

I'm sorry, but if I take that as litteral, then hit neck, theigh, hip, KO doesn't = NTKO.

My uneducated opinion is if it was truely a NTKO, then it would be more like Vader chokin someone across the room. (Not being a smart *** here).

I have no idea who was doing em, as I saw them at a friends house.

What is the 'official' definition of a NTKO?

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

In fact Mr. Dillman has a theory of colors (being worn by you or by the opponent) as well as of sounds (different sounds for different directions of attack). The polarity works differently for men than women, he states.

Mr. Dillman has lots of good stuff to offer. I wish he'd do more of the old tuite stuff at his seminars and less of the stuff he's been doing more recently.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz

I have seen several of these performed with absolutely no contact. The hands are held near the other person's face--typically just a couple of inches away but sometimes further (e.g., once both were in seiza). It takes up to a minute, generally.

Of course, I believe it's a parlor trick, not a chi technique.

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by arnisador

Mr. Dillman has lots of good stuff to offer. I wish he'd do more of the old tuite stuff at his seminars and less of the stuff he's been doing more recently.

He does?
I have yet to see it.
Speaking as someone who has seen and been on the receiving end of good tuite I think Dillman's sucks.

Why? you may ask.....Like I said beofre, many times, his foot work sucks.

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz

Ummm, "a non-existent "technique" that is perpetrated through the contrivance of a questionable instructor and the assistance of an ignorant and idol-worshipping student?"

How about "a sham method of convincing 'open minded' people that their self-fulfilling desires of the power to affect others without physical contact can be the method by which other people with ethics-free business practices can make their mortgage payments?"

While I am a firm believer in the reality of qi, qigong, and other semi-mystical, metaphysical aspects of martial study (which, I must add as an essential caveat, I believe are possibly theories that deal with many aspects of martial training that simply defy "scientific" explanation and definition, but may well be nothing more than the phenomena associated with razor-sharp refinement of mind/body connection through training, and less the use of "energy fields" directed by the mind like the Force in Star Wars - ultimately I don't question what works...), I know for a fact that what people like Mr. Dillman and others of his ilk attempt to market to the slack jawed, empty headed, drooling masses is yet another example of giving the people what they want. In this case, he is no different than the side-show huckster guessing weights, the rural cornfield charismatic evangelist "healing" the ill, elderly and injured with "the power of God," and other scams that rely on bilking the unsuspecting by playing to their wants...

Things like this cheapen all of us, every aspect of martial arts, especially the so-called "internal" styles.

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Yiliquan1
………… I know for a fact that what people like Mr. Dillman and others of his ilk attempt to market to the slack jawed, empty headed, drooling masses is yet another example of giving the people what they want. In this case, he is no different than the side-show huckster guessing weights, the rural cornfield charismatic evangelist "healing" the ill, elderly and injured with "the power of God," and other scams that rely on bilking the unsuspecting by playing to their wants...

Things like this cheapen all of us, every aspect of martial arts, especially the so-called "internal" styles.

My nickname for Dillman is “Mr. Haney” from Greenacres.
If you recall Mr. Haney was the junk salesman that tried to make people buy his junk off the back of his truck.
He tried to pass off ordinary worthless trash as things they weren’t…… things like saying a certain lampshade was actually Napoleon’s hat, or a glass doorknob was the Star of Africa Diamond, etc............

R

RyuShiKan

If anyone is in the New York area and has some time you may want to check out this event...........sorry there won't be any "No Touch KO's".................

Taika Seiyu Oyata Martial Arts Demonstration and Reception
Friday, March 21, 2003

6:30 – 8 pm

Martial Arts Demonstration and Reception

Speaker: Taika Seiyu Oyata, Founder of International Ryu-Te Renmei

To Protect, Not Harm: A Lifetime of Teaching the Ways of Peace

Taika Oyata has been a martial arts practitioner for close to 60 years. From an aristocratic Okinawan family dating back to the 17th century, he learned the indigenous arts used to protect the Shuri kings. He began his training after service in World War II, and since then, Taika Oyata has constantly analyzed the human body and the traditions he inherited. He now has a strong following in the U.S., with students in over 26 U.S. states, Japan, Israel and Poland, and recently began training the U.S. Sky Marshals. He teaches “life-protection arts” drawn from the history and practice of Okinawan arts, including pressure-point striking and joint locking, the meaning behind the empty-hand kata and use of various traditional weapons. This respected and renowned master will demonstrate his extraordinary art and discuss his belief in and teaching of martial arts as a defensive and protective, rather than destructive and violent, skill.

Followed by a reception.

Admission: $25

Japan Society members and Ryu-Te Renmei members $20. We can offer a discount to dojos with prepurchase of 10 tickets or more.

To register, contact Karen Hawkins at (212) 715-1218 or [email protected]

You can also register online at:

http://www.japansociety.org/events/event_detail.cfm?id_event=207677581&id_performance=828046861

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RyuShiKan
Speaking as someone who has seen and been on the receiving end of good tuite I think Dillman's sucks.

I've been on the receiving end of his students' techniques and they certainly know things that I don't--things that have effects. The careful positioning of the hands to make locks more effective and the bunkai are unlike what I've seen in studying karate in several other schools--it's good stuff, and eye-opening.

While you may well have seen better, for me it has been extremely educational. I've taken much that's positive from the DKI seminars I've been to and DKI practitioners I've spoken with over the years.

R

RyuShiKan

I've been on the receiving end of his students' techniques and they certainly know things that I don't--things that have effects.

I have been on the receiving end of his black belt students as well as some of Rick Clark’s and their “tuite” (for lack of a more accurate word) didn’t work on me, and I am neither very large or tough. So if it doesn’t work on someone like me who is actually standing still letting them do technique I doubt it would work on someone who was out to harm them.

The careful positioning of the hands to make locks more effective and the bunkai are unlike what I've seen in studying karate in several other schools--it's good stuff, and eye-opening.

In many of his demos I have seen him raise his elbows too high (Yiliquan1 knows what I am talking about here), his foot work leaves him WAY open for a good crack in the face, simple counter....etc…..
His “set up” for "demoing" a technique is always on someone standing fairly still and non aggressive……he should try it with the attacker moving with a bit of speed ………different story.
“Georgie” should quite with the “color by numbers kyusho” & “Harry Potter NTKO” stuff and get back to basics. Starting from the ground up.

R

RyuShiKan

The careful positioning of the hands to make locks more effective and the bunkai are unlike what I've seen in studying karate in several other schools--it's good stuff, and eye-opening.

You are not alone.
There are very few folks around today that can do and really understand that stuff and not just the US but in Japan and Okinawa as well.
I have some footage of my teacher in Okinawa giving a very appreciative Hokama Tetsuhiro 8th?/9th? Dan in Goju Ryu some tips on bunkai/hand & foot postioning/ tuite as well.
Not to be little Mr. Hokama’s skill in any way. I think that says a lot for Mr. Hokama's character since most people at his rank have to much pride to get instruction from someone outside their organization.
There is always more to learn.

Latest Discussions