More Global Unrest

OP
Gyakuto

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This really does produce the perfect cup of (English style) tea. Use good quality tea and I personally add skimmed milk.

We also have a variation here called ‘Builder’s tea’.

I used to take 17 teaspoons of sugar in my tea! Seventeen! Eighteen and it was too sweet 😉😄

When I visited America, I was really looking forward to tasting traditional ‘American coffee‘ the way you make it and I’d seen on Starsky and Hutch, Kojak and Rhoda! Coffee in a NYC ‘diner’…free refills served by a grumpy server who doesn’t want to be there, the the frisson of being shot at any moment. Imagine my crushing disappointment when I discovered it was universally disgusting! Bitter, a rancid after taste having been left to sit on a hot plate for hours on end and a slick of something oily on the surface🤢 Italians and the French, on the other hand make wonderful coffee.

Last edited:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
But I have never heard anything like an association with bitterness and health. If you can find any link to get me started, I am super curious
I have but I don't know if those foods are just healthy or if the bitterness is what makes it healthy.

However there are medical studies that directly look at bitterness.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
This really does produce the perfect cup of (English style) tea. Use good quality tea and I personally add skimmed milk.

We also have a variation here called ‘Builder’s tea’.

I used to take 17 teaspoons of sugar in my tea! Seventeen! Eighteen and it was too sweet 😉😄

When I visited America, I was really looking forward to tasting traditional ‘American coffee‘ the way you make it and I’d seen on Starsky and Hutch, Kojak and Rhoda! Coffee in a NYC ‘diner’…free refills served by a grumpy server who doesn’t want to be there, the the frisson of being shot at any moment. Imagine my crushing disappointment when I discovered it was universally disgusting! Bitter, a rancid after taste having been left to sit on a hot plate for hours on end and a slick of something oily on the surface🤢 Italians and the French, on the other hand make wonderful coffee.

Good coffee exists (as does good tea, for that matter). But, as in Europe, bad coffee exists here too. I roast 95% of the coffee I drink, but have plenty of good options for that remaining 5%. 😀

The Italians do make delicious espresso.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OK, I just have to post this, ever since I saw this thread title and then started reading the posts, I have had this running through my somewhat demented noggin

Ok, I'll go now