Moral question

OP
H

H@pkid0ist

If this were EXACTLY as you say, personally I would have stripped him of his title, and kicked him out of the school, ensuring to keep the other local MA instructors informed of this persons incident. A thing like this can destroy a teacher and a school. A student like that is not only a danger to the school, and the MAts community, but the regular comunity as well. As I said, this is only if this is EXACTLY how it happened.

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by white belt
Gou,
I am from the U.S. and study foreign culture. What exactly is an @ssclown? Is this a performer common to the Canadian type of Circus? If so, describe their escapades. Do they too pile out of small cars, in groups, like their U.S. cousins?

No. They tend to congregate in a place they call a "Dojang" and pretend to fight while kissing the owner's *** so they can get one of the many belts they offer and pay him money while he pretends to teach them how to defend themselves.

Do @ssclowns frighten small children?

Not usually. Assclowns tend to lock their doors and not let small children in because the kids will pull hair or otherwise hurt them and thereby ruin the fantasy that they are learning to defend themselves.

Possibly a troupe of Canadian @ssclowns could visit Mr. Sages DoJang and make everyone happy again?

That would be the neighbourly thing to do. Birds of a feather should flock together and most people wish our assclowns would flock off.

OP
S

Shinzu

glad you agree jason. in my eyes this is the most honorable thing an instuctor can do in a situation like this.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin
No. They tend to congregate in a place they call a "Dojang" and pretend to fight while kissing the owner's *** so they can get one of the many belts they offer and pay him money while he pretends to teach them how to defend themselves.

You know, after rips like this, I liked this place better when Master GouRonin was on his sabbatical... :shrug:

OP
G

GouRonin

You're not going to take away my rank are you?
:shrug:

white belt

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Not usually. Assclowns tend to lock their doors and not let small children in because the kids will pull hair or otherwise hurt them and thereby ruin the fantasy that they are learning to defend themselves.

That would be the neighbourly thing to do. Birds of a feather should flock together and most people wish our assclowns would flock off.

Gou,

Do you ingest Ephedra or Ma Huang by any chance? :) You seem a little "tense". Turn off the hockey game for awhile and go to the "Health Tips" section of this forum and take the "test". It involves a handgun and a Ferret. It will cleanse all the bad chi from your system and frighten away the @ssclowns! Does the test need a grading curve due to the Canadian weather I wonder? Don't drop your Bacon!

Your new U.S. buddy,
white belt

p.s.
There are no "fees" for this test I assure you. But you might want to have a "belt" when you are finished!

OP
G

GouRonin

I'd love to chat with you further and assist you on your journey into learning the ways to pay your 11 year old grandmaster respect (hint, I bet he likes lego) but alas...

So I am forced to have to sit and listen to you make fun of countries other than your own. I guess on MartialTalk unless you're from the USA you can't argue with someone bashing your country.

white belt

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Gou,

If you think I have been baiting you, you are right. Just trying to get things back on track with a little humor. I will be the first to admit that there are McDojangs around. One in my town is causing people to assume that all schools are like that and I am getting sick of it. I have people who got "burned" by that school coming in to take some "proper instruction" from me and some just can't handle getting hit. They were supposedly taught "authentic TKD". It's sad. I'm assuming from your posts you have seen some of the bad. We ran a supposed excontender (boxing) out of a MMA club around here, some years back. He had an Amateur record and doctored a Pro record. They are everywhere.

I have been laughing all weekend about your term @ssclown. :):):) Pretty frickin' funny! I'm sure Mountain Sage saw the creative humor there and forgot about the troubles at his facility for awhile.

I've been to Canada and you have much to be proud of in my opinion.

Great weekend to you,
white belt

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Warning had nothing to do with nationalities, but the art bashing. If we had a problem with the assclown comment, it would have been mentioned.

Regarding shots taken at Canada, or any other country....anyone is more than welcome to defend nationalistic pride when necessary, as long as its done in a professional manner.

I will second the comment that Canada is a wonderful country...I spend a lot of time there at various conventions and renfaires. Ontario keeps its roads up, which is more than I can say for NewYork. :)

With that said, lets please get back to the main topic of this thread.

Thank you.

OP
M

MountainSage

Kaith,
What is a renfaires? That a term I've never heard before or is it a slang term for renissance fair(sp).

Mountain Sage

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by MountainSage
Kaith,
What is a renfaires? That a term I've never heard before or is it a slang term for renissance fair(sp).

Mountain Sage

Yup. I'm usually at the one in Sterling NY every year. I try to get to others (theres 2-3 in Ontario I believe) when I can.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
I will second the comment that Canada is a wonderful country...

Toronto and Vancouver are two of my favorite cities. I'm going to visit Montreal this summer for the second time.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good-natured joking back-and-forth about nationalities and countries is acceptable. Please keep it good-natured. If you're not sure, don't post it! As always, we strive for a polite and professional environment. Report uspected violations to the moderation team.

Slamming an entire martial art is particularly problematic on a martial arts web board that tries to cover the entire martial arts world. We want a welcoming environment for the whole martial arts community.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

bart

Brown Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will be the first to admit that there are McDojangs around. One in my town is causing people to assume that all schools are like that and I am getting sick of it.

That's a problem everywhere on the continent. There was one place in my hometown that guaranteed a TKD black belt for $1000 in less than a year. It's dangerous to make someone feel like they can fight but not give them the skills to actually defend themselves. Some people were really injured by the effects of their false confidence.

Also, these places tend to teach other arts as a side gig, like eskrima or bjj. By having these arts dragged through the mud with those mcdojo type schools, the arts tend to be taken less seriously. Even worse, the mcdojo types start handing out unauthorized black belts in those arts or make up their own stuff from what they pick up from the actual instructors and create their own watered down mcdojo system. Usually now a novice has to wade through a period of mcdojo before they find something worthwhile and authentic. In the meantime they risk injury and they get bilked for their money.

As for the Canada bashing, my Dad's family is from Newfoundland. Whenever I tell that to my Canadian friends they go off on a string of "stupid newfie" jokes. So I'm not feeling much sympathy for the home of the Mackenzie brothers. :)

The first time I heard @ssclown was in the movie Office Space. It's a must see for any one time corporate "wage slaves" like myself.

white belt

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Bart,

Thanks for verifying that things are definitely messed up all over! :) The "title" in the U.K. I believe is "Bum Jester". My "Homeys" use the term "Trunk Funnys" (ref: "Baby gots Junk in the Trunk", "Bust a cap in dat boy's trunk!", etc.). But(t), how does this all relate to Mr. Sages plight? I tried to offer him personal tactic and recourse that maybe he had not considered. I am just one guy with limited experience. According to Mr. Sage, he is in a monopolized situation which really turns up the heat for him. I really respect his attitude in trying to handle things w/o a knee jerk reaction. What other CONSTRUCTIVE things can be offered to this man that we have missed thus far?

white belt

OP
M

MountainSage

White belt,
Please don't give me more credit than I deserve. There was 2 months+ of knee jerk reactions in the privacy of my home, just ask my wife, after a while she'd just roll her eyes at me. The best way, In my opinion, to deal with the problem with TKD is to tend to business in your own dojang and town. As a indiviudal, a person could use alot of energy trying to cure all the worlds ills which could be used better improve their own skills and dojang. Over time the Mcdojang will go away. The cream always rises to the top.

Mountain Sage

white belt

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Mountain Sage,

I understand your comments and will spectate a bit. :) Nice to see a man with conviction such as yourself. My "sense of humor" is why I took up self defense. I don't run as fast as I used to! To follow your advice, I will go make life interesting for my fellow students now.

Beware of the "Bum Jesters"! :)

Respectfully,
white belt

OP
J

Jill666

You're not going to take away my rank are you?
:shrug:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Two comments- first, having read all the responses I'd have to say there seems to be much more to the story than is known. I don't know about "stripping of rank"- the man in question earned it at the time- but if you don't want to teach him, don't. Remove him from the family tree? Is that what stripping entails? I honestly don't know...

Secondly, I hadn't heard @ssclown in this context, we call them "dojo dinks".

I'd truly have to say, though, that if you have knowlege for sure that someone is dangerous, don't teach him. Have him take his act elsewhere. Otherwise, I don't see doing anything other- A) what for? Why waste time & breath on it. B) it's a personal and criminal matter. If you had info the police should have, give it up, then refuse to have anything more to do with the guy. I'm not seeing the need to get further into it out of personal indignation and professional pride.

I'm not trying to be dismissive, believe me. If you feel the courts and head instructors didn't do enough, well that's life as I know it... if you personally don't think he should be taught in your school, don't teach him in your school. If you don't want to be around him and your hands are tied, well it's easy to say, but leave if he won't be gone. Life's too short. You've wasted enough life already.

That's my 2 cents.

Latest Discussions