Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heh.

Well...as long as they can behave, they are more than welcome to sign up and talk. This is an open forum. :)

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think that WhoopAss is close but still a little off. There will be many more sides to the story very soon. People who have left a long time ago are beginning to show up all of a sudden. It is going to be one big power sturggle.
:shrug:

OP
K

Keil Randor

Sounds like a family reunion...people you aint seen in eons suddenly appear, and talk the talk...but very few will beable to walk the walk.

It don't sound fun...not at all.

OP
G

GouRonin

If anything is missing I blame the Renegade. Check his pockets. I hope to come down on the 24th and meet up with Big Guy while he's at the Datu's.

As for me mopping up the floor. I'm just a wee tiny lad. Don't worry about me. I'm just learning how to play with these sticks.
:D

OP
B

bloodwood

There was a time when when you became the boss because you earned it. Prof Remy was such a man. He was GM because he was good and everyone knew he could kick their ***. Now we challange each other at the keyboard. Too bad we can't go back to the streets of Cebu City and see who is left standing.
With the Prof gone we now have a choice, and that choice should not be to follow some initials or some organization or someone who claims to be the man. Lets look at who's out there, see what they got, and see if they can back it up. If you do this you'll know what is right for you. We practice a fighting art, and the people who lead should know the ART but better know how to FIGHT and LEAD.

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
Perhaps some of this has been said. The IMAF is, in fact, not quite in the middle of a civil war but at least past the middle. As for Dr. Shea, I have alot of respect for him. He is a great guiding force. As for Renegade, whoever he is :), I have alot of respect for him also, I know, I must be simple. He at least lets you know where he stands and speaks his mind, what little there is left of it. :) I agree, J. "daddy long legs" Delaney is rather self serving and has taken advantage of an already sad situation. Shame on him. His day will come. Mr. Whoopass, he must be tough with a name like that, is correct. People should go to whoever is best for them. In the mean time, the sparks will fly. Querry, given the fact that our country is at war and other recent events, is there not something more inportant in life right now?? I guess it depends on how big the picture is that your looking at.

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
By the way, maybe we could put J. Delaney on the front lines............

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In all seriousness, some sort of physical contest would be one good way of determining who had a better understanding of the art.

Another way would be to simply get everyone of significant rank (say, 3rd degree or higher) to simply vote on the successor. However, this could be 'rigged'...offering promotions if voted for...offering help with financial matters, etc.

My opinion doesn't count for beans, since I'm not a Modern Arnin - or even FMA - practitioner, but I say:

Cage match! Cage match!

:D

Cthulhu

OP
G

GouRonin

Why not just have like a "teach-off?"

Have a weekend seminar or a day seminar that FMA practitioners can go to. Then you slot times for each person to teach. Not letting the other teachers see what work was done maybe. The better teacher/practitioner would then be seen on the mat no? People could decide for themselves.

Then again...I like the cage match idea... plus the filipinos are know for their challenge matches!

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think I've had enough. The modern arnis "garden tool" is a joke. Delaney is a joke. I think that both groups are going to be short lived. At least with those with any experience in modern arnis in terms of seeing those instructors with any talent. The IMAF website had become the Jeff Delaney show, another joke, so the site being taken from him by the likes of the modern arnis "garden tool" is yet another.......JOKE!!! The underlying theme here is that the two afore mentioned poopstains are laughable. It won't be long before it all comes out in the wash. I know. There are things at work that are yet behind the seens that will be in the open pretty soon. I am anxiously anticipating this. Stay tuned.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's like a mystery wrapped in an enigma hidden in a puzzle at the center of a maze with a blah blah blah blah blah :)

Cthulhu
goin' back to mindin' his own bidness

OP
I

IFAJKD

This is the latest mag selling issue. Too familure with the JKDC vs OJKD battle. In the end there are many good practicioners and INstructors and many will also loose face. What's good and bad will never fully be sorted out. Not fully. Too many divisions. What is important is that personal growth does not stop
Good luck to those personally involved in this one.

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, Jeff Duh-laney just named himself grandmaster and head of his own organization, w/out talking to anyone else on the board including the real named successor Randi Shea. He has included some people w/very little experience or time practicing modern arnis. It appears to be a mad scramble for some sort of ligitimization since haveing the website taken away from him by L. Harwood. Let the games begin..............but there already in progress.............boy am I looking forward to Oct. 19-21.............yeehaa

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Mao is correct in noting that Duh laney has picked some questionable people for the officer positions in his desperate attempt to form a legit organization. I should know since I've worked with three of those officers. One of them has barely two years of experience in Modern Arnis. When I saw this so called Board on the Delaney website last night, I just about fell over. So, yes, it should be interesting to see what happens in Chicago on the weekend of Oct 19-21.

Mao

Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh my! Perhaps Mao can meet Whoopass? How interesting that would be...............:rolleyes:

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Mao, I'll have to think about whether I want to meet some small time punk like you.:) As you know, my favorite hobby is opening a big can of Whoop *** on anybody who dares mess with me. :)

Anyway, Keith asked the significance of the dates of Oct 19-21. There is a Modern Arnis camp taking place in Chicago that weekend and, from what I understand, some changes may be forthcoming. Mao knows more about what's going on thanI do.

OP
G

GouRonin

Mao, Whoopass...I don't think it's good that you two hold back. Please share your real feelings on this with us will ya?
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions