Modern Arnis and Balintakwak Concepts Seminar

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Where's all this breathlessness when I am in the room, or some of the other lovely women in the studio?

It's just that you don't know her. Once you know that she snores and is a toe-picker, you'll be able to talk to her.

Or maybe she likes women, in which case - I *will* get her phone number! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

JPR

Green Belt
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
Where's all this breathlessness when I am in the room, or some of the other lovely women in the studio?

I would get breathless except;

1) I am married and as such don't do the breathless stare, tongue hanging out of my mouth, eye popping goggle any more.
2) I find it very hard to train for an hour without any oxygen.
3) Since you are always trying to drive a plastic training knife through my vitals or smash my head in with a rattan stick, I find it necessary to concentrate on surviving and not on your stunningness.

I am sure there are other reasons, but those three come to mind.

JPR

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JPR said:
I would get breathless except;

1) I am married and as such don't do the breathless stare, tongue hanging out of my mouth, eye popping goggle any more.
2) I find it very hard to train for an hour without any oxygen.
3) Since you are always trying to drive a plastic training knife through my vitals or smash my head in with a rattan stick, I find it necessary to concentrate on surviving and not on your stunningness.

I am sure there are other reasons, but those three come to mind.

JPR
But JPR, don't you know that driving a training knife into your vitals is my most alluring trait?!?! Geez!

:lol: :ladysman:

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:

We try and be professional around the children. But you ARE alluring. Many of us worship you from afar, and would worship you from up close...but you never come to grappling class.

I will be content with going out for coffee and ice cream with you. People in the community will see me with yet another lovely woman who isn't my wife and assume the worst.

Oh, the scandal....

Regards,

Steve

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am very allured by your cartoon photo... :rofl:

oh baby....
lmao - I know, cartoon avatars perfectly represent us! My hair is always bruhed and shining, for example. And I'm always smiling - especially when poking a training knife into JPR. **aaaaaa! beatific smile**

People in the community will see me with yet another lovely woman who isn't my wife and assume the worst.
HHJH, you have quite the bevy of lovely women with whom you can lunch and coffee. Wasn't going into MA an excellent idea?!?!

Besides, everyone knows your wife is well-loved by all - and if an unaware outsider tried anything, she'd kick their butt and hand it to them on a platter. :D

Even the radiant goddess steakhouse toepicker! (Who I'm sure if a very nice young woman.)

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
I am very allured by your cartoon photo... :rofl:

oh baby....

Paul

Feisty looks more like her avatar than you might imagine. She's a cutie.

Honestly, Feisty...I sometimes wonder about my rep here in town. I have no male friends that I hang with. I spend all my time with beautiful women. Either people are going to think I'm a dog or they're going to think I'm gay...even though I never go shopping with any of you and have lousy taste in clothes.

Digression...one of those lovelies has an MMA fight on November 6th. Datu Puti, if you're free, you ought to come to Evansville and watch Julie at the "Hook and Shoot". Regardless, I have her last fight on DVD and you can see it when you're here for the seminar. Its an "all women" event.

Regards,

Steve

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Either people are going to think I'm a dog or they're going to think I'm gay...even though I never go shopping with any of you and have lousy taste in clothes.
Or just a kind and thoughtful man who draws women to him like flies to honey? Eh? Eh?!?!?

We can work the gay thing, though. We can go shopping. You may like it - sometimes I shop "like a man" (know what I want, go in, find item, purchase item, exit store).

You will have to look a bit less macho, though. Can you do that?

Feisty looks more like her avatar than you might imagine.
laughing - except that Grecian nose, maybe.

Digression...one of those lovelies has an MMA fight on November 6th. Datu Puti, if you're free, you ought to come to Evansville and watch Julie at the "Hook and Shoot". Regardless, I have her last fight on DVD and you can see it when you're here for the seminar. Its an "all women" event.
I didn't realize it was an all-women event coming up. I'm psyched to see her fight again. She was amazing in the fight of hers I saw before. It was a beautiful thing to behold. I was screaming my head off cheering for her, and the stranger next to us even acquiesced to have a few ear-piercing whistles for her. It was kewl! (And she's not only a good fighter, but she's hot.)

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
Digression...one of those lovelies has an MMA fight on November 6th. Datu Puti, if you're free, you ought to come to Evansville and watch Julie at the "Hook and Shoot". Regardless,

Unfortunately it is the same weekend that I have Dr Gyi coming to me school. :idunno:

James Miller

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Datu Hartman will be flying out in the morning for the seminar. For those in attendance you are in for a treat! Good luck and have fun at the event.

:partyon:

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
An update for those of you who expressed an interest....

We had a great one-day seminar with Datu Hartman, who led us all through a Balinawak-flavor Arnis progression over the course of 6 hours. It was well-paced, fun to watch him demonstrate, and great to see the "old folks" (adults) and the kids who were there all learn something. I didn't realize we had so many kids interested in stickfighting!

And, of course, the steak dinner afterwards was gut-busting and impressive. :) Sadly, we did not see the radiant being who we had picked out for Josh, but there must be some sort of attractiveness policy for that place - all the servers were lovely.

And, of course, no seminar weekend would be complete without trying to cram ice cream into Datu before his journey home. (We force feed because... we care!)

I had a great time, and I hope Datu Hartman will swing by our neck of the woods again!

James Miller

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
I had a great time, and I hope Datu Hartman will swing by our neck of the woods again!
I've been told by Datu Hartman that there are already plans for a return trip.

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
He'll be back. Hope the rest of you all can make it next year. The instruction is great, the town and surrounding area are beautiful, and the food is second to none. This was the weekend when the leaves turned...a real treat in this part of Indiana.

We had fun, Datu. Glad you could make it!

Regards,

Steve

Latest Discussions