- focus pad combos (w/ elbows & knees)
- 5mins jump roping drills
- 5mins light sparring (no gear)

OP
Mou Meng Gung Fu

Mou Meng Gung Fu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Note to Self- Improvement in grappling/takedowns/wrestling (3-steps). Research other grappling arts: dumog, kato pale, lua, mushti yuddha, chin na, shui jiao, judo, jujutsu, aikido, hapkido, jiujitsu (simple, direct, non-telegraphed, fluid). Focus on stand-up grappling/takedowns (w/ arms & legs). No-holds-barred. Efficiency is anything that works. Basics only. Sink lower (keep belly button below opponent's belly button)

Last edited:
OP
Mou Meng Gung Fu

Mou Meng Gung Fu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Mou Meng Gung Fu Training Manual
Composed by Brother Wei Wu

Bow/Salute (one leg forward, palm in fist)
- philosophical discussion
- silent meditation

Warmups:
- hip turns & hip rotations
- back bridges & side bends
- forward bends (touch toes)
- arm rotations & leg rotations
- pushups & situps
- jumping jacks / jumping rope
- leg crunches & squats
- high kicks / chain punches (in air)
** resistance training (for more advanced)
** chain punches w/ light weights (advanced)
- eight directional footwork
** five buckets / elevated footwork (advanced)
- shadow boxing exercise (in air)
- light weight lifting exercises
** shadow boxing w/ light weights (advanced)

Bow/Salute (one leg forward, palm in fist)
- sil lum tao (shaolin way 108 movements)
** one leg sil lum tao (for more advanced)
- taun da / gaun da / biu da (solo drills)
- pak da / bong da / huen da (2-man drills)
- chi sao / phon sao (2-man qigong drills)
** blindfolded chi sao / phon sao (advanced)
- chi gerk (2-man qigong drills)

Partnership:
- chi sao / phon sao (2-man sparring)
** blindfolded sensitivity sparring (advanced)
- punching drills (w/ focus pads & heavybag)
- kicking drills (w/ focus shield & heavybag)
- grappling drills (sweeps / throws / rolls)
** kicking w/ grappling (advanced sparring)
- wrestling drills (chokes / locks / escapes)
- elbows & knees / nerve striking drills
- freestyle full contact sparring (w/ gear)
** freestyle light sparring w/o gear (advanced)
- basic stick drills (w/ disarms)
- stick sparring exercise (w/ gear)
** light stick sparring w/o gear (advanced)
** five buckets / elevated sparring (advanced)

Personal:
- silent meditation
- sil lum tao (shaolin way 108 movements)
** one leg sil lum tao (for more advanced)
Bow / Salute (one leg forward, palm in fist)

Foundation:
- centerline theory
- immovable elbow / immovable knee theory
- simultaneous attack & defense
- maximum power w/ nontelegraphic approach
- closest distance between 2 points
- lead hand forward phasic bent knee stance
- fluidity & sensitivity to energy & momentum

Concepts:
- rubberband concept
- five ways of attack / defense
- efficiency is whatever works
- research (personal growth & development)
- intercepting concept
- having no limitation as limitation
- simplicity (focus on the basics)
- flowing concept (economy of motion)

Principles:
- always begin with respect
- honesty is the best policy
- persistence is the only secret
- do not become limited to set movements
- sparring is everything
- experience comes from longterm training
- do not become blinded by emotions
- learn to understand it before you discard it
- always end with respect

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I ask the OP if he has a job or as is said here 'sponges of the state'?

OP
Mou Meng Gung Fu

Mou Meng Gung Fu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
MMGF ECONOMICS:
- Western Boxing for powerful punches.
- Indochinese Kickboxing for powerful kicks and strikes.
- Wushu/Kungfu for speedy punches and speedy kicks.
- BJJ/Judo for grappling and groundfighting.
- JKD/FMA for trapping and street defense.

Last edited:
OP
Mou Meng Gung Fu

Mou Meng Gung Fu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
05/04/17: Thursday
- challenge received

05/06/17: Saturday
- challenge accepted

05/08/17: Monday
- challenge match (15-secs)
- reflect & review: "Know your enemy."
- videogames/hand-eye-mind (15-min)
- jogging/running (.5-miles)
- unrehearsed kicking drills (stop-kicks)
- takedowns (arm-locks from stand-up)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
05/04/17: Thursday
- challenge received

05/06/17: Saturday
- challenge accepted

05/08/17: Monday
- challenge match (15-secs)
- reflect & review: "Know your enemy."
- videogames/hand-eye-mind (15-min)
- jogging/running (.5-miles)
- unrehearsed kicking drills (stop-kicks)
- takedowns (arm-locks from stand-up)
Any video of the challenge match? Who got a 15 second KO?
Also I really like adding videogames to your training routine. Going to have to do that, see if that motivates me to train more :D

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also I really like adding videogames to your training routine. Going to have to do that, see if that motivates me to train more :D
Batman Arkham City was a pivotal part of my training regimen in April.

OP
Mou Meng Gung Fu

Mou Meng Gung Fu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hmmm... :D

In reference to last week's fight, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so to make a long story short, like everyone already said my kungfu is fiction, my skills are no good and everything I say or do is BS anyway so I have no comment. The opponent kicked me in the face and broke my neck and now I'm dead (lol).

In reference to videogames, however, I'm doing very good (lol not really- I can't beat this stupid GTA flying mission). In all seriousness, I never actually played a whole lot of videogames when I was young. I just started playing casually within the last few years. I don't really take videogames seriously, but they can be fun and useful for training as far as mental enhancement and mental awareness, focus and hand-eye-coordination. Playing videogames (especially after a hard day) can help you to relax. I play videogames for probably about 15 to 20 minutes every other day or so. I don't like to waste too much time sitting down in front of the TV screen. It's more for therapeutic reasons than anything else. I also play chess sometimes.

The reflection I had last week was "Know your enemy." This is not a reference to the opponent, but a reference to oneself as being their own worst enemy. I noticed after the fight why I actually won, and it's because my opponent was too nervous. To be honest, he lost the match before it even began. I had no doubt I was going to win. That's why I won. But it made me reflect on my own personal demons for a moment. "Know your enemy!" is all I kept hearing in my head. "Know your enemy! Know your enemy!" After the fight was already over, I still had to restrain myself from pounding the guy. That was my anger turning into rage and going for the overkill. Luckily, someone grabbed my arm and yelled "It's over, enough! He's done bro!" and that was it. A few hours later, I was at home playing videogames (lol).

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The reflection I had last week was "Know your enemy." This is not a reference to the opponent, but a reference to oneself as being their own worst enemy. I noticed after the fight why I actually won, and it's because my opponent was too nervous. To be honest, he lost the match before it even began. I had no doubt I was going to win. That's why I won. But it made me reflect on my own personal demons for a moment. "Know your enemy!" is all I kept hearing in my head. "Know your enemy! Know your enemy!" After the fight was already over, I still had to restrain myself from pounding the guy. That was my anger turning into rage and going for the overkill. Luckily, someone grabbed my arm and yelled "It's over, enough! He's done bro!" and that was it. A few hours later, I was at home playing videogames (lol).
Hey, so, just to put out there, I have a problem with the last paragraph. that's not normal, rational, sane behavior, my friend. My belief is that you are kind of making things up as you go, and if so, have at it. But in the off chance you ACTUALLY got into a fight like that, you should consider talking to a professional.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hmmm... :D

In reference to last week's fight, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so to make a long story short, like everyone already said my kungfu is fiction, my skills are no good and everything I say or do is BS anyway so I have no comment. The opponent kicked me in the face and broke my neck and now I'm dead (lol).

In reference to videogames, however, I'm doing very good (lol not really- I can't beat this stupid GTA flying mission). In all seriousness, I never actually played a whole lot of videogames when I was young. I just started playing casually within the last few years. I don't really take videogames seriously, but they can be fun and useful for training as far as mental enhancement and mental awareness, focus and hand-eye-coordination. Playing videogames (especially after a hard day) can help you to relax. I play videogames for probably about 15 to 20 minutes every other day or so. I don't like to waste too much time sitting down in front of the TV screen. It's more for therapeutic reasons than anything else. I also play chess sometimes.

Why not give us some detail about it. Why wereyuou fighting, what did you do to finish in 15 seconds where were you. And seriously if this is true someone needs to fire you from your security job if you have no self control

OP
Mou Meng Gung Fu

Mou Meng Gung Fu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Why not give us some detail about it. Why wereyuou fighting, what did you do to finish in 15 seconds where were you. And seriously if this is true someone needs to fire you from your security job if you have no self control

Every single word of it is true.

He kicked me in the face and broke my neck. In my previous post I was dead, but since then I came back to life. But while I was dead, I kept hearing voices in my head. When I exited my body, I saw myself pounding Chuck Norris into the dust (we were fighting on the moon). I didn't want to fight but he forced me to accept his challenge in person. I beat him with an inverted neck swinging headbutt. He was grossed out and terrified. It only took fifteen seconds of me swinging my broken neck around before he fell over and tried to scream. I was about to finish him off, but then Bruce Lee grabbed my arm and told me to eat a Snickers candybar. Afterwards, we played videogames. If you don't believe me, ask Chuck Norris' barber. He was there. So was Bruce Lee's waterboy.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Every single word of it is true.

He kicked me in the face and broke my neck. In my previous post I was dead, but since then I came back to life. But while I was dead, I kept hearing voices in my head. When I exited my body, I saw myself pounding Chuck Norris into the dust (we were fighting on the moon). I didn't want to fight but he forced me to accept his challenge in person. I beat him with an inverted neck swinging headbutt. He was grossed out and terrified. It only took fifteen seconds of me swinging my broken neck around before he fell over and tried to scream. I was about to finish him off, but then Bruce Lee grabbed my arm and told me to eat a Snickers candybar. Afterwards, we played videogames. If you don't believe me, ask Chuck Norris' barber. He was there.
So you can't answer the question so you cover it up trying to be funny. If it really happened answer teh reasonable questions people are asking

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have tried real hard to stay out of this, but I can no longer stop myself

Now let me tell you about my day training with Sasquatch

Sorry couldn't resist...I'll go now

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
My daily workout:

Sprints: Racing speeding bullets. (20 minutes)
Strength Training: Tug-of-War with a locomotive (20 minutes)
Fast twitch muscle/Explosiveness Training: Vertical Jumps over tall buildings (20 minutes)

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Still can't answer the question just rates all questions as funny

Latest Discussions