MMA statistics.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
UFC Statistics : 5,000 Fights Tracked! - UFC Secrets

It is not just the fighter. There are dominant concepts.

I'm curious for statistics on the KOs - which techniques were most likely to KO you.

Not really surprised that RNC is top. That's basically the go-to if you have their back. Same for guillotines - go-to submission if you have the top of their shoulders. Armbar just seems the most popular arm submission based on what people like to see.

I do think we need to take this with a grain of salt. I don't think the kimura is 20% as effective as an armbar (as the stats would suggest). I just think more people know the armbar, are trying for the armbar, or have the right position for it.

Not surprised that if you survive the first few rounds it will usually go to a decision. My Dad has told me of a tennis player he knew in high school, who didn't have much heat but he could return anything. Met another guy like that and the match just went on and on. If you're both unable to get a KO or submission in the first couple of rounds, it probably means you two can go for a while. I wonder what the conclusions you can make regarding self-defense. I remember a fight my friend got in when I was in high school, a couple punches were thrown but nothing serious happened after that. How many street fights is there a major injury vs. a quick scuffle that the aggressor gives up on?

What's the reason for the massive dip in fights in 2019? It goes from 474 to 87.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What's the reason for the massive dip in fights in 2019? It goes from 474 to 87.
That is a good question. I am curious to hear the explanation.

The trend lines are very interesting. A noticeable and predictable increase in decisions.

Excellent analytics are included in the article.

Latest Discussions