MMA Live Episode 25 From ESPN With Stephan Bonnar

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
11-01-2008 09:47 AM: MMA Live gives you all you need to know about UFC 90 and previews WEC 36

More...
MMA Ring Report
The hardest hitting news from the hardest hitting sport.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It is ashame that they can put bowling and poker on ESPN tv but can't put on this show.
Absolutely crazy.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can see bowling being on ESPN as it is one of the most popular and likely the most participated in sport in the US, if not the world. But, poker on ESPN? How about auto auctions? Give me a break! I would like to see more MA or MMA on ESPN than the repeated decade old K1 matches.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As much as I like the idea, could we get someone else that's a little more assertive on TV?? Stephan Bonnar is getting conversationally schooled by some old boxing critic, even though Bonnar's correct on most accounts.

MMA fighters are an intelligent bunch of people. Couldn't we find someone that's got the fight time, and the personality for TV? What about Kenny Florian? He rocks as an announcer. Or even Frank Shamrock?

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As much as I like the idea, could we get someone else that's a little more assertive on TV?? Stephan Bonnar is getting conversationally schooled by some old boxing critic, even though Bonnar's correct on most accounts.

MMA fighters are an intelligent bunch of people. Couldn't we find someone that's got the fight time, and the personality for TV? What about Kenny Florian? He rocks as an announcer. Or even Frank Shamrock?

Ken-Flo is the regular commentator and does a great job (watch out Joe Rogan). He may be out ahile due to him training for his upcoming fight. Stephan Bonnar is good and was nice to seem him argue with Franklin.

Im sorry but bowling is not a sport.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Im sorry but bowling is not a sport.

So true... Bowling is an "activity." That's like saying darts, billiards, or shuffle board are sports. If you can smoke and drink beer while performing one of the above activities, then it's not a sport.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So true... Bowling is an "activity." That's like saying darts, billiards, or shuffle board are sports. If you can smoke and drink beer while performing one of the above activities, then it's not a sport.

So softball and golf aren't a sports either? ;)

http://www.google.com/search?q=define:sport
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport

Hurling a 16 lb ball down a 60 ft lane 35 - 55 times to hit a target a couple inches wide at the correct angle sounds pretty sporting to me. But I can also see how it could be thrown in with less strenuous persuits like darts and shuffle board.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So softball and golf aren't a sports either? ;)

http://www.google.com/search?q=define:sport
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport

Hurling a 16 lb ball down a 60 ft lane 35 - 55 times to hit a target a couple inches wide at the correct angle sounds pretty sporting to me. But I can also see how it could be thrown in with less strenuous persuits like darts and shuffle board.

Okay, okay... maybe it's in the way I play those games. I mean, how can you make a perfect arc in slow pitch softball without a can of Busch in the other hand? :uhyeah:

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No I refuse to give in. It is not a sport.

Next thing you know, a racehorse will be named athlete of the year.

Latest Discussions