Minna-san konnichi-wa!

Tenguyugen

White Belt
Reaction score
What an awesome resource this is - something for everyone!

I practice classical Japanese martial arts. Reading thse forums I have seen that there are a lot of knowledgable individuals here. I am co-owner of a Tabi company, where we import a premium type of indoor Tabi specifically for Budo practice. I look forward to some great conversation!

Scott T.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk! :)

Mike

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Nice to see some fresh meat.... er.. sorry still in Dojang mode.. a new face.. yes that's what I meant. :D

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT..

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ohayo gozaimasu, hajimemashite!

Hopefully you'll find that MT is to your liking and many topics will pique your interest :tup:.

OP
Tenguyugen

Tenguyugen

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Which specific styles do you study?

Hi!

I've studied a variety arts from my youth, including TKD, Demura-ha Shito-Ryu Karate-do, Budo Taijutsu, and a few others. My interests at this stage in life bend more towards Koryu Bugei/Kobudo type methods, as I have a strong interest in Jidai Gekki arts and culture. My wife is Japanese and we tend to visit Japan a few times a year, so I enjoy discovering new things while there and taking in the sights while visiting family and being stuffed like a melon with "Japanese home cooking". I'll translate "Japanese home cooking" for you: "if it swims, COOK IT!". Thanks for the warm welcome!

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi!

I've studied a variety arts from my youth, including TKD, Demura-ha Shito-Ryu Karate-do, Budo Taijutsu, and a few others. My interests at this stage in life bend more towards Koryu Bugei/Kobudo type methods, as I have a strong interest in Jidai Gekki arts and culture. My wife is Japanese and we tend to visit Japan a few times a year, so I enjoy discovering new things while there and taking in the sights while visiting family and being stuffed like a melon with "Japanese home cooking". I'll translate "Japanese home cooking" for you: "if it swims, COOK IT!". Thanks for the warm welcome!
That's a very well rounded history. I study aikido (nihon goshin) and think it's one of the best japanese exports ever. As for the japanese cooking philosophy...hey there could be worse ideas. I love japanese food.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good to have you with us, Scott. There's plenty of real substance on this board in all of the different styles you mentioned. Your input will be very welcome!

Latest Discussions