Mike Tyson

Would you fight Mike Tyson?

• YES! I could kick his tail, or at least go a couple of rounds...

• Hell no! I'm not crazy!

• I wouldn't, but it would be amusing to watch someone else try.

• That whole idea is a BAD one!

Results are only viewable after voting.

white belt

Brown Belt
Reaction score
A NOTE FROM MIKEY TO JUDO KID:

"Tee Hee! You sounds likes a cute one! Do you needs a big bruder? In "da' joint" I hadda lil' bruder n' he be cute to! I hadda new lil' bruder abouts every week! Tee Hee! What be your interests? I likes eatin' on Pork Rinds (you know, da' ones dat' looks likes curled up ears!), Playin' hides an' go seeks, takin' LONG showers (afta' hides an' go seeks.), an' practicin's my fightin' inna' clinch on wet floors foh' balance (big showers be gooood foh dis!) an'... an'...Oh yeah!!! I's likes BUSSIN' PEOPLES UP REAL GOOD!!! My last lil' bruder is in dat' home now. We wuz' practicin' dat clinchin' thing an' DE DOORBELL BE A RINGIN'! Well,....ya' knows what be happenin' when I hears bells! Tee Heee! So, Judo Kid, ifin' you likes chewin' ears (I means pork rinds!!), while cuddlins' (I means clinchin'!!), den's you already be likes a lil' bruder to me! POW! BAM! POW! POW! Whoops!, dat's de door bell! Gotsta go now. I be waitin' for ya'!!!".

"You new special fren',
Mikey :) "

Forwarded as a public service by white belt.

M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by Judo-kid
If it was for good fun , and if i did a good job (win or lose) people will say you know that Judo-kid pritty tuff guy.
You'll be a dead guy for all that matters, same with everyone here

Baoquan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Mike is training with Freddie Roach and Jeff Fenech for his fight with Etienne - and both trainers are among the best in the world....there is no way i'd step in that ring, even for a payday.

I like speaking without drooling.

S

shadowdragon

No way I would fight him, I am not considering committing a suicide...

D

Disco

Oh you guys! Mikey T. is easy. As soon as the bell rings and he's coming at you, just fall on the floor and yell "RAPE". He'll remember what happened the last time and run like Hell.......

A

Antares33

Originally posted by Disco
Oh you guys! Mikey T. is easy. As soon as the bell rings and he's coming at you, just fall on the floor and yell "RAPE". He'll remember what happened the last time and run like Hell.......

.....directly for your cornhole.

M

MartialArtist

Either way, 99.999% of us will be dead in a street fight against Tyson. Only a very few people can take him on. Remember, Tyson is much more effective on the streets than he is in the ring.

One person on the top of my head who "defeated" him was an aikido master in Japan.

G

GouRonin

Mike Tysone is scheduled to fight Cliff 'The Black Rhino" Etienne february 22nd.

While Etienne is hopefully going to put up a good fight the sad reality is that even at his diminshed peak Tyson is still a player in the HW divsion. Mostl because the division is in such a sad state.

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by MartialArtist
Either way, 99.999% of us will be dead in a street fight against Tyson. Only a very few people can take him on. Remember, Tyson is much more effective on the streets than he is in the ring.

One person on the top of my head who "defeated" him was an aikido master in Japan.

Woah.....maybe I'll start Aikido and then take him on in a "Boxing" match :rofl:

M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by PAUL
Lenox Lewis did Aikido? So that explains how he won!:p
LOL!

Aikido in a boxing match, sounds like fun. It is just as fun as getting your head knocked in ;) But boxing in an aikido sparring match gives you kinda the same results.

It was just some friendly exhibition match. Tyson jabbed and got locked up. Tyson did learn a lot of things from it though, from some concepts on locking up that helped him clinch and things of that nature. He also learned how to meditate there.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is NO way Tyson could beat me. That big oaf? With those ham hands?

I'd run like a little B*tch and hide before they ever got me into the ring. Period.

R

Rob Wilson

:rolleyes:
There is no way I'd last a nanosecond against Tyson unless I had plenty of backup, a tank, maybe some land mines and some kind of Robin Givens class distraction so I could let the troops get the first shot in. TV is deceiving; you have got to see this guy up close to believe his power and speed. (Or any world-class boxer really). Tough? The comment about his trainers was on the money- Fenech was a great fighter but he kept breaking his hands. In the ring. A former trainer, Atlas, is one of the meanest, fairest SOB's ever to breathe. Ask him where he got that seam running up the left side of his face. And I think it's pretty obvious that Tyson is genetically predisposed towards pounding people's asses like tent pegs. Having said that- Lewis and Douglas whipped his can up and down.

Boxers are seriously tough bastards.

RRW

M

Mormegil

What about with NHB rules?

What about NHB rules, and he doesn't know it?

What about one of these NHB champs vs. Tyson NHB rules?

Hmm, you could try to keep him at bay with kicks to the leg, problem is he seems to be very effective at closing in.

M

MartialArtist

Doesn't matter, he is much more dangerous on the street. I'd rather face him in the ring than on the street.

Tyson doesn't just punch. Contrary to popular belief, wrestlers don't only grapple in fights, and people like Tyson don't just punch. Tyson locks, traps, kicks, bites... He beat two boxers right there at a bar.

R

Ronin

Your guys must realize that media and the title of heavyweight champ adds more punch to his power and legend. The truth is he is a heavyweight that is tough, but not invincibile. As a part time boxer I workout with heavyweights and a friend of mine got to be a sparring partner with tyson. He admits tyson is a hard hitter and fast but he bases his victories on partly intimidation. He said from Mikes own mouth when asked about tough heavyweight contenders he responded "You have to remember boxing is a sport and I am one of the best in the sport. Even I lose fights and as for all these other up and coming fighters just because they are heavyweights doesnt mean they are any good." The truth is Mike trains in a closed environment and you never know how much damage you could inflicted if allowed to use you martial arts training. If your conditioned and spar a lot and can take punches you never know how long you could last. Now if you were forced to fight boxing rules in a ring then you could be hampered. Remember when you attack someone and rip their eyes and throat out, even Mike is not conditioned to this. For you brave soldiers wanting to fight Iron Mike get your pro boxing card since its so easy to get and train like a champ, when you become the heavyweight champion make sure to yell out "I did it because Ronin said so!!!"

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I guess if I had no choice I would fight him but only if I had too.
I agree that he is only human and that he can be beat but why would you choose to fight him if you didnt have to.

Try fighting a 350 lb. syko who you have already given a by-latteral testicular compression ( front kick to the groin area ) to and he just laughed at you! Also just a human but what a fight when they feel no pain!!!!

Latest Discussions