Mighty Mouse

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Now I know Mighty Mouse gets a lot of talk about being a boring fighter but I've been watching a lot of his fights lately and it's just not true. All his fights are exciting and fast paced. He never just gets a guy down and holds them there for 25 minutes. He's a brilliant fighter to watch. But I guess most people are just so uneducated that they thing if you don't just stand In one place throwing huge punches your boring and the fact is he does finish fights he's finished 4 out of his last 6 by both ko and submission. I think he's the best pound for found fighter in the world. He's constantly beat top fighters easily. He's always respectful and very very rarely pulls out of fights and does all the media work of what's required

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never heard anyone refer to him as boring. Most people that i know either don't know him because they don't care about his weight class , or they do know him and also love him

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never heard anyone refer to him as boring. Most people that i know either don't know him because they don't care about his weight class , or they do know him and also love him

Well perhaps if you said who you were talking about?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My favorite fighter to watch, bar none. He sees the world in slow motion.

I posted a link a few days ago about him.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know who Demetrious Johnson is but he doesn't get called by a nickname when talked or written about here.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Never heard him described as boring. He's a beast, and has been for some time now. Not an easy thing in high level MMA.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Never heard him described as boring. He's a beast, and has been for some time now. Not an easy thing in high level MMA.
Trust me have a read of some of the mma forums plus he never gets huge buys on ppv and in the fight where he won the title the crowd were booing

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Trust me have a read of some of the mma forums plus he never gets huge buys on ppv and in the fight where he won the title the crowd were booing
He's won five of his last seven fights by knockout or submission. People who like rockem sockem robots may not appreciate the technicality, but he's awesome. His problem is similar to what rousey' was, I think. There's really no one challenging him at the moment. When one fighter is so far above everyone else in the weight class, it can be boring.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He's won five of his last seven fights by knockout or submission. People who like rockem sockem robots may not appreciate the technicality, but he's awesome. His problem is similar to what rousey' was, I think. There's really no one challenging him at the moment. When one fighter is so far above everyone else in the weight class, it can be boring.
Yeah I've seen that argument but I disagree I mean mike tyson was one of the most popular and famous boxers of his time and he went through everyone easily

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen that argument but I disagree I mean mike tyson was one of the most popular and famous boxers of his time and he went through everyone easily
Heavy weights throwing bombs. Sure, that's part of it too.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree but he has been called it a lot I mean the crowd in the first benavidez fight were booing it for some reason

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He does in the US. Different countries don't necessarily use the same (or any) nicknames for every fighter.

'Mighty Mouse' doesn't mean a lot to many countries, the reference is lost on us. Even 'Mickey Mouse' would be lost on many as he's renamed many times for different countries so a post just using Johnston's name would have been best.

Latest Discussions