Mighty Mouse

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
'Mighty Mouse' doesn't mean a lot to many countries, the reference is lost on us. Even 'Mickey Mouse' would be lost on many as he's renamed many times for different countries so a post just using Johnston's name would have been best.

Uses mighty mouse here. Which many countries are you referring to?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uses mighty mouse here. Which many countries are you referring to?

Europe and most non English speaking countries. Most countries change the name of cartoon characters so the English words 'mighty mouse' become something else. That's why I said about Mickey Mouse, for example in Italy he's called Topolino. Not all country's television companies broadcast Mighty Mouse, the UK didn't much and we had Danger Mouse a homegrown cartoon.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Europe and most non English speaking countries. Most countries change the name of cartoon characters so the English words 'mighty mouse' become something else. That's why I said about Mickey Mouse, for example in Italy he's called Topolino. Not all country's television companies broadcast Mighty Mouse, the UK didn't much and we had Danger Mouse a homegrown cartoon.

But mighty mouse the ufc fighter is still the same?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Didn't I post a link to a British news article that refers to him as Mighty Mouse in the headline? I'm pretty sure I did. And that was from 2014, so it's not like it was recent.... Edit: just checked. Not sure where the dailymail ranks on British news media outlets, but the address of the article is definitely .uk.

But either way, why is this a big deal? Even if you didn't know, you do know.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Didn't I post a link to a British news article that refers to him as Mighty Mouse in the headline? I'm pretty sure I did. And that was from 2014, so it's not like it was recent.... Edit: just checked. Not sure where the dailymail ranks on British news media outlets, but the address of the article is definitely .uk.

But either way, why is this a big deal? Even if you didn't know, you do know.
I'm actually surprised Tez didn't know. I thought she was the 'go to person' about MMA info. Apparently not.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised Tez didn't know. I thought she was the 'go to person' about MMA info. Apparently not.
Well, I don't doubt Tez's credentials. I'm just not sure why she's picking nits about something like a fighter's nickname. For the record, I said Daily Mail, but it was the Daily Record and Sunday Mail (whatever that might be): dailyrecord.co.uk is, I believe, a British website, where in 2014, without any apparent confusion, they published an article about Mighty Mouse.

Latest Discussions