Micheal Bispin

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
What do you guys over seas think of Micheal Bispin's chances are competing in the ufc?
I know most of you would have only seen his fights from watching the Ultimate fighter, but what did you think of his performance?

on another note while watching the Ultimate fighter I noticed that there was sub-titles on screen everytime Mike or Ross spoke!whats tht about come on guys we speak the same language!!!the accent wasnt that bas was it!llol

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you guys over seas think of Micheal Bispin's chances are competing in the ufc?
I know most of you would have only seen his fights from watching the Ultimate fighter, but what did you think of his performance?

on another note while watching the Ultimate fighter I noticed that there was sub-titles on screen everytime Mike or Ross spoke!whats tht about come on guys we speak the same language!!!the accent wasnt that bas was it!llol

Personally I think that Bispin will do really well in the UFC. He has a good variety of techniques, seems to be mentally tough and has KO power. He can also finish on the ground and appears to be part of the new breed of MMA athletes. I am looking forward to him entering the UFC and seeing what he can do.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Micheal Bisping (The Count) is a force to be reckoned with. He's smart and funny as well as a good fighter, nice guy too. He'll win against any they put up against him I have no doubts!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW if you want to PM him log onto www.cagewarriors.com where he posts under his nickname. a lot of Brit fighters post on there including Ian 'The Machine' Freeman. I warn you though, the arguments on there are a big rougher than here!

OP
Odin

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
BTW if you want to PM him log onto www.cagewarriors.com where he posts under his nickname. a lot of Brit fighters post on there including Ian 'The Machine' Freeman. I warn you though, the arguments on there are a big rougher than here!

lol tell me about it!, he posts on Sherdog aswel, I remember him poking fun at one of the posters there that told him he would get destroyed in america lol.

What do you reckon..is he on Liddells level though?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
lol tell me about it!, he posts on Sherdog aswel, I remember him poking fun at one of the posters there that told him he would get destroyed in america lol.

No, he is not on Liddells level yet. However, give him some more top quality fights and anything can happen.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He fought on one of our shows a couple of years ago and has consistantly improved everytime I see him fight. Not at Liddells standard yet but it won't be long! We are doing well at the moment with a lot of up and coming young fighters emerging, there are crop of 15 and 16 year olds who will have promising careers if they stuck at it as well as some even more promising older teenagers. They are the lucky ones because they have learnt MMA from the start, no changing styles or relearning stuff.
I think our style of MMA forums is a little more 'robust' than here perhaps? lol!

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Liddell is the champion. If the UFC was serious about its ranking, the only people for whom this question would be at all relevant would be people who have fought their way to a title shot.

I'd like to know if Bisping is going to fight in UFC 65. It's still just a rumor, afaik.

OP
Odin

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I dont think Bispin is on Liddells level it does make you think whats going to happen in his UFC carear, I mean beating Epstein is one thing but going against Tito or Chuck?...hmmmmm its going to be interesting thats fors sure.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Mikey doesn't fight on UFC it's not going to be the end of the world.The UFC isn't the be all and end all in MMA. he may well follow James Thompson and others onto Pride. It was good for him to win TUF but it's not a big piece of his lfe, I think though he'll fight if it suits him. Incidentally Ian Freeman beat Epstein a couple of weeks ago and a good fighter called Rob Broughton beat James Thompson.

OP
Odin

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
If Mikey doesn't fight on UFC it's not going to be the end of the world.The UFC isn't the be all and end all in MMA. he may well follow James Thompson and others onto Pride. It was good for him to win TUF but it's not a big piece of his lfe, I think though he'll fight if it suits him. Incidentally Ian Freeman beat Epstein a couple of weeks ago and a good fighter called Rob Broughton beat James Thompson.

I heard about Freeman..it was decision right?..lol at least he lasted longer then last time ( :
I actually train at the same camp as Epstein (london shootfighters) he's a nice guy if not a little crazy ( i remember him having a full scale argument with a shopkeeper over the price of Skittles!)
James Thompson went into that fight far to confident from what I heard..lol all that muslce and the guy with the beer belly beat him!

I hear the next cage rage is on december 3rd at wembley.not sure whos on the cards yet.

I tried to find some of bispins fights but they seem to have been taken off youtube and google vids....!!!!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next Cage Rage is December 9th. I have a good friend at London Shoot! I'm planning on coming down sometime to say Hi! Rob Broughton who beat Thompson is an underated fighter (beer belly and all) Cage Rage phoned my boss Mick Nokes up asking if he knew a heavyweight to fight Thompson, he recommended Rob. I was personally disappointed Freeman won but that's a long story!

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I had wondered if that was the case. I know he's stated that he's going to remain in England to train. So, it'll be interesting to see where he ends up fighting.

We may not get to see much of him on American TV, and that would be a shame.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey that is cool and I am looking forward to it.
icon14.gif

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I know he's fighting Eric Shafer in the TUF4 finale show.

Latest Discussions