Michael Page

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
bellator spoilers below.

Wow michael pages ko of cyborg santos that was truly beautiful hurt him with the liver kick finished with a flying knee as cyborg was coming in. His striking really is amazing I've seen his fights before and he's very good I know he's not beat a bunch of huge names but he can be very good. I don't like his cocky style though because he could get caught if he just went down to business he'd probably finish very very quickly.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Damm this is what he did to cyborgs skull

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 208

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
upload_2016-7-17_19-37-54.png

He's in a London hospital where the doctors are concerned about his brain swelling. There's some worry over whether Bellator will pay his medical expenses and while he cannot work.

OP
Kickboxer101

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
View attachment 19993

He's in a London hospital where the doctors are concerned about his brain swelling. There's some worry over whether Bellator will pay his medical expenses and while he cannot work.

Yep saw that but they should do this was on twitter from jimmy smith the Bellator commentator DDay on Twitter by the way do you know him? Not being sarcastic genuinely asking

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep saw that by the way do you know him? Not being sarcastic genuinely asking

Afraid not, we could never have afforded him lol. I do know Marc Goddard the ref though, he used to fight and is a great coach. He also does courses for would be refs something that is needed here.
We did pay for an American fighter to come across once though, he was fairly cheap lol, he was billed as the oldest MMA fighter, he was pretty good, very fit and a genuine martial artist however we didn't find out until a lot later that his military credentials weren't what he'd been telling us. Being a military club that didn't go down well.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
View attachment 19993

You got a new example of a head injury to talk about. Add skull fracture

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll be using that fight to lecture students on why Sifu tell us not to lean or over extend our punches.

it was a flying knee that did the damage.

You got a new example of a head injury to talk about. Add skull fracture

Not new at all, don't forget we play rugby here, no helmets.

Facial fractures | Cambridge University Hospitals

"What causes facial fractures?
Most facial fractures are acute (sudden) and caused by assaults (eg fighting), sports (eg horse riding, football and rugby) and accidents (eg road traffic or falls). "

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's just plain nasty.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
He did a Pokemon tribute straight after.

And yeah. Ow.

Good job mma has rules. Otherwise that guy could have really been hurt.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
it was a flying knee that did the damage.
yes it did the damage but the forward motion of that over extended punch made it worst. The over extended punch not only opened his face for the knee but it was literally a head on collision. I watched the video in slow motion and it was just a train wreck after that punch.

I have a don't get kneed in the face from any position rule to be honest.
Same here. But sometimes students really don't understand the dangers and this will make it really clear for them. I saved an image of the over extended punch and the moment right when the knee landed. Then next to that I put the picture of the dent in his head and the x-ray.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
yes it did the damage but the forward motion of that over extended punch made it worst. The over extended punch not only opened his face for the knee but it was literally a head on collision. I watched the video in slow motion and it was just a train wreck after that punch.

Same here. But sometimes students really don't understand the dangers and this will make it really clear for them. I saved an image of the over extended punch and the moment right when the knee landed. Then next to that I put the picture of the dent in his head and the x-ray.

And you dont think he just got caught by a better fighter?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was live on UK television so got to see it as it happened, wasn't as good as the leg break I saw at a fight. The leg was fine right up to the point he put in down and tried to stand on it.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
And you dont think he just got caught by a better fighter?
what does being a better fighter have to do with anything. 2 objects moving forward and crashing into each other is always going to have a bigger impact than 1 object crashing into a stationary object.

Over thrown punches and leaning forward causes excess forward movement.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what does being a better fighter have to do with anything.

Oh nothing at all, it's just all random accidents and the judges chose a winner on whose shorts they like the best. :cool:

Latest Discussions