Michael Bisping scores huge comeback win over Denis Kang

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
11-14-2009 10:38 PM:
ept_sports_mma_experts-542185240-1258244604.jpg
At UFC 100, Michael Bisping was fed a dose of humble pie by Dan Henderson. On a huge international stage, the brash Brit, who said Hendo had no finishing power, was knocked out cold. For the last five months, he had to deal with the snickering and comments that he was overrated. Bisping brought some serious rage to the cage and Denis Kang was the unfortunate recipient of a beating at UFC 105.

Kang, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt, controlled the first round with decent ground work but then got a dose of his own medicine in the second. Bisping took Kang down three times and unloaded some vicious ground and pound, essentially making Kang quit. After the third takedown, Bisping poured it on. Kang laid against the cage and got kneed until referee Dan Miragliotta saved him at 4:24 of the second.

"I am absolutely over the moon. You have no idea how I felt after the last fight," Bisping said to UFC color analyst Joe Rogan.

Bisping (19-2, 8-2 UFC) is a bit of a trash talker but folks close to him will tell you he's a pretty sensitive guy:

"This is my life and I dedicate everything to it. And it really hurts me that people don't give me the respect I think I deserve."

Bisping took a big risk by fighting Kang (32-12, 1-2 UFC), a veteran who moved over from PRIDE where he was 6-2. A second straight loss would've meant a huge tumble down the middleweight ladder.

Kang outgrappled Bisping in the first but he didn't dominate. In fact, Bisping did a great job from the bottom as Kang constantly worked to improve his position, the Brit always found a way to get it back to full guard. Kang may have gassed himself trying to score the mount so often. He looked tired in the second as the fight turned when Bisping became the aggressor scoring his first takedown 1:49 into the round. Kang simply couldn't handle the onslaught.

Bisping was annoyed with certain members of the British media. After the Henderson loss, papers like The Sun clowned him pretty heavily.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions