Meditation

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What happens to your life when you don't want anything?

I think on one hand, you live in the moment, dealing with things as they come up, ignoring the irrelevant, and be grateful that you have everything you need and want. On the other hand you have no reason to wake up in the morning, nothing to strive for, nothing that motivates you, so you stagnate.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't really sit down and meditate, my meditation is when i do the sil lum tao form and concentrate fully on the movement i am doing and keeping my spine straight and trying to cultivate Nim Lik (the thought force of Wing Chun).
Sometimes thoughts try to intrude but slowly i am getting better at keeping them out and just concentrating on what i am doing.

hkfuie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think on one hand, you live in the moment, dealing with things as they come up, ignoring the irrelevant, and be grateful that you have everything you need and want. On the other hand you have no reason to wake up in the morning, nothing to strive for, nothing that motivates you, so you stagnate.

Exactly. I think Maunakumu's question is good. Morph4me, Your reasoning is exactly the kind of thing I struggle with when thinking about this type of question. I guess I need to meditate on it. :) The dichotomy of it all!

I have a practice of journaling that I have used for many years to clear out emotions, but it is not meditation.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Exactly. I think Maunakumu's question is good. Morph4me, Your reasoning is exactly the kind of thing I struggle with when thinking about this type of question. I guess I need to meditate on it. :) The dichotomy of it all!

I have a practice of journaling that I have used for many years to clear out emotions, but it is not meditation.

Sounds like meditation to me, you're clearing your mind. I can't think of a better meaning of meditation.

hkfuie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I know some people may not consider it meditation, but it is the only practice I have been able to sustain consistently.

I know a couple people who meditate regularly and they are amazing people to be around. I admire who they are.

But I dont have what I need to practice that regularly. Maybe someday. For now I journal.

Thanks, Morph

Latest Discussions