Master Jay S. Penfil

Ian wallace

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hi master jay have been trying to track you as iv lost all info on my account but my e-mail address is the same , sorry we lost touch would be nice to speak about our last topic,

Yours in T.S.D Ian

Reaction score
Hi Ian,
It’s good to hear from you. My email is [email protected] .

I may have a new computer shortly that will allow me to go on line and speak with you for free if you have a similar system. My nephew lives in Israel and we just spent 2 hours on line with him last week with another computer of my other nephews. If I can get this hardware, we will be able to exchange technique over the internet any time we want to, as it has a camera that transmits along with voice.

I’ll keep you posted…

Yours in Tang Soo Do,

Master Jay S. Penfil

TANG SOO!!!

Chizikunbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hi Ian,
It’s good to hear from you. My email is [email protected] .

I may have a new computer shortly that will allow me to go on line and speak with you for free if you have a similar system. My nephew lives in Israel and we just spent 2 hours on line with him last week with another computer of my other nephews. If I can get this hardware, we will be able to exchange technique over the internet any time we want to, as it has a camera that transmits along with voice.

I’ll keep you posted…

Yours in Tang Soo Do,

Master Jay S. Penfil

TANG SOO!!!
That sounds like a great oppertunity Master Penfil tell me when you have it set Up I ould like to try this as well...
-josh

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
The Ha Dan Mahk Kee in this move is not a defensive move at all. The hand that is coming back, over the shoulder is the defensive hand in this combination. As the opponent is executing a punch to your face, you are drawing back your hand and hooking the wrist of the incoming hand, drawing it just past your head, wile simultaneously striking the opponent in the floating ribs with the Ha Dan (Kong Gyuk) Mahk Kee.

Didn't know that...interesting. The way I'm taught, it's a block and then a short punch to counter an incoming opponent from your side (no need to worry about people from the back when you're against a wall). But I guess that works too.

After completing this combination “Hooking/Drawing Block and Strike”, follow up with (what often times looks like Pahkesoo Ahnuro Mahk Kee) Cap Kwon Kong Gyuk to the cross-side eye socket.

That's also interesting. But now that you say it that way, that is another good way to do the move, and makes more sense, since the next move is a block.

Distance

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for an intelligent response to his question as I was encouraged by my Sah bum nimh when I was younger to visualize which attacks can be intercepted by the various attacks. I found that this also keeps my focus and technique sharp.

Reaction score
Thanks for an intelligent response to his question as I was encouraged by my Sah bum nimh when I was younger to visualize which attacks can be intercepted by the various attacks. I found that this also keeps my focus and technique sharp.

I find that, in taking my hyung training deeper and deeper, my fighting capabilities get stronger and stronger. Visualization is the key to developing great quality of movement, but as important, the ability to apply all that you practice…

Latest Discussions