masaaki ryu and the kusari

Troy Wideman

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi Troy.

I never asked. All I know is he studied for a time period (unknown) with Nawa sensei. What he actually studied I have no idea. I do know from what I have seen Hatsumi sensei do with a chain is that he has studied some of the Manrikigusari, to what level or menkyo I have no idea. I couldnt even give you dates that he was a member of the school. I would assume it was pre-Takamatsu so that would make it the 1950's. I do know my current teacher once told me he has never met Hatsumi sensei.

I am still waiting for Chris Parker to answer my question regarding his study of Masaki Ryu because the content of some of his posts lead people to assume he was studied it quite a bit.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Very interesting. Are you enjoying the ryu ha? Is there a tai jutsu section to the ryu ha?

Glad you got your stuff back, from the facebook post.

Kind Regards,

Troy Wideman

poryu

White Belt
Reaction score
HI Troy
There is no jujutsu as just jujutsu, I would say it is incorporated into the weapons, we can discuss this sometime on chat.

Police have now arrested 3 people, one they think did the break in, one is the handler and the other a poor sap who bought some bits. But the katana I saw have been trashed.

I wonder if Chris Parker will answer my question above and the one on another thread about him teaching some Masaki Ryu and who he learnt it from.

Hatsie

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I wonder if Chris Parker will answer my question above and the one on another thread about him teaching some Masaki Ryu and who he learnt it from.

I applaud your patience poryu! Two threads and you've been left 'hanging' in both! From someone normally so opinionated and vocal, almost bad manners.
A simple 'yes, I've trained for 'x' years with this master, please take my statements based on that" or " actually I haven't had any proper training from anyone remotely clued up, I just mess around on my own, and have an opinion based on that"
Shouldn't be difficult, one would think?
but whilst your waiting, some soothing music,

http://youtu.be/m5xVN2mvrq0

Latest Discussions