MartialTalk Meetup - Date determined (April 27-28)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Took me a bit longer than expected to review the survey results, but looks like the weekend that works with the most people is April 27-28. I'll be creating a message group shortly for everyone who said yes/maybe for that weekend, which is 7 people (including myself and Tony). If you didn't get to the survey, or put no for that weekend, but changed your mind, feel free to let me know and I'll add you to the message group.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Took me a bit longer than expected to review the survey results, but looks like the weekend that works with the most people is April 27-28. I'll be creating a message group shortly for everyone who said yes/maybe for that weekend, which is 7 people (including myself and Tony). If you didn't get to the survey, or put no for that weekend, but changed your mind, feel free to let me know and I'll add you to the message group.
Add me to the group please. I may be a little more flexible than most so I was waiting for a date. Now I can do some planning, build up my strength and just avoid any new injuries

OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We're about a month out, so bumping this up for anyone else who may want to join. So far it is looking like there are 4 of us who will be able attend - jowga, myself, tony dismukes and hoshin. It is going to be located in lexington, kentucky.

If anyone else wishes to join, please let me or @Tony Dismukes know

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
We're about a month out, so bumping this up for anyone else who may want to join. So far it is looking like there are 4 of us who will be able attend - jowga, myself, tony dismukes and hoshin. It is going to be located in lexington, kentucky.

If anyone else wishes to join, please let me or @Tony Dismukes know
I would dearly love that. I will see what I can do. Is an RSVP necessary? If so is there a deadline?

OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would dearly love that. I will see what I can do. Is an RSVP necessary? If so is there a deadline?
No official RSVP. My request is at least 2 weeks in advance at this point. If there was a larger group interested, and a large following, there would be, but since it's just 4 of us if you can join us, whenever you can let us know would be great.

That said, my current plan is to have two of us on each day do a 1 hour seminar about our art/something we could share, and the remaining time each day as free time/play around with the seminar info. So if there's multiple people interested in joining, and in teaching/coming down on either Saturday or Sunday, the sooner we know that and I can adjust the plan, the better.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping this as a reminder that next weekend (April 27/28) several of us will be meeting up at my home gym in Lexington KY for 2 days worth of sharing knowledge and working out. We'll probably be going from about 9:00-5:00 Saturday and Sunday. Anyone who feels like joining us and lives close enough to make the drive, please shoot me a message so that I can add you to the group chat where we are planning logistics.

OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@yak sao tagging you since you initially had expressed some interest. I think there is going to be one WC guy there

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Question
Will there be pictures of the event posted on MT?
Unless one of the attendees has an aversion to being photographed, then we'll make a point to take and post some pictures.

Maybe we can get JowGaWolf to take some video and edit to illustrate any interesting highlights. (Unfortunately, my track record for finding the time and motivation to edit video has not been good in recent months.)

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@yak sao tagging you since you initially had expressed some interest. I think there is going to be one WC guy there
I sent @yak sao a PM about it a couple of weeks ago, but it looks like it's been a month since he signed on to the site. I'm going to try to reach him offline once I verify whether the old phone # I have for him is still valid.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Unless one of the attendees has an aversion to being photographed, then we'll make a point to take and post some pictures.

Maybe we can get JowGaWolf to take some video and edit to illustrate any interesting highlights. (Unfortunately, my track record for finding the time and motivation to edit video has not been good in recent months.)
I can help with this and provide access where others who want to use them for instruction or discussion can get the file.

My experience with video recording is to record all sparring in order to capture application use. This is much easier than pointing out what you ate trying to do and then set up the application. We will just need a list of those who can't be filmed. I definitely don't want anyone to get in political trouble or to be looked upon unfavorably by their school, teacher, or organization that they belong to.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I sent @yak sao a PM about it a couple of weeks ago, but it looks like it's been a month since he signed on to the site. I'm going to try to reach him offline once I verify whether the old phone # I have for him is still valid.
Yak Sao says he has plans with his wife for that weekend, but will let me know if his plans change.

Latest Discussions