martial arts inside MMA/UFC

Pwen Arye

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Actually no it wasnt Karate it was play fighting

OMG. The OP said that he seen many kids COPY the moves in mma while playing with each other, trying to make it seem that kids have not done this before the UFC came about. I was saying that I have seen these children COPY karate moves that they have seen while playing with each other. Is it actually karate? No. Is it actual MMA? No.

I don't see what your post has to do with anything, other than nitpicking something REALLy insignifficant.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OMG. The OP said that he seen many kids COPY the moves in mma while playing with each other, trying to make it seem that kids have not done this before the UFC came about. I was saying that I have seen these children COPY karate moves that they have seen while playing with each other. Is it actually karate? No. Is it actual MMA? No.

I don't see what your post has to do with anything, other than nitpicking something REALLy insignifficant.
Because you complain about people "disrespecting" MMA then take a disrespectful shot at Karate. I agreed with the rest of your post then you had to take a shot after calling others a hypocrite for the same thing

Pwen Arye

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Because you complain about people "disrespecting" MMA then take a disrespectful shot at Karate. I agreed with the rest of your post then you had to take a shot after calling others a hypocrite for the same thing

Ok there is a bit of a misunderstanding here. I was not disrespecting karate. I take a form of karate. I was talking about the charlatans that call themselves karate masters then act in very innappropriate ways. If I have offended any Karateka I apologize for that.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok there is a bit of a misunderstanding here. I was not disrespecting karate. I take a form of karate. I was talking about the charlatans that call themselves karate masters then act in very innappropriate ways. If I have offended any Karateka I apologize for that.
what do karate masters have to do with kids playing? I dont think you offended anyone

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I don't think Pwen Arye intended that as a shot against Karate. I think he was pointing out that untrained wannabees imitating martial arts moves they've seen are not limited to copying MMA. They are just as likely to imitate Karate, Boxing, TKD, or Kung Fu. That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with any of the arts in question or the actual practitioners of those arts.

This was in the context of Manny complaining about MMA on the basis that some unqualified wannabees with no actual qualifications had set themselves up as MMA instructors in his neck of the woods.

EddieCyrax

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Anyone else notice a lot of tension on the forums the past two weeks????

Nice Cleansing Breathe.......ahhhhhhh

Not sure....is their a full moon???

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't think Pwen Arye intended that as a shot against Karate. I think he was pointing out that untrained wannabees imitating martial arts moves they've seen are not limited to copying MMA. They are just as likely to imitate Karate, Boxing, TKD, or Kung Fu. That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with any of the arts in question or the actual practitioners of those arts.

This was in the context of Manny complaining about MMA on the basis that some unqualified wannabees with no actual qualifications had set themselves up as MMA instructors in his neck of the woods.
I dont think it was an intended shot either I just thought it was funny it was a nice long post I agreed with it all then boom.
not s big deal really i just thought it was interesting

Pwen Arye

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
what do karate masters have to do with kids playing? I dont think you offended anyone

I was assuming that was part of the post that seemed to be bashing karate. If it was the post about kids imitating karate while playing around, then that kinda leaves me stumped. I don't really see how it was being disrespectful. I was just pointing out how kids usually imitate whatever flavor of the month that they see. Anybody remember the whole backyard wrestling thing?

jorgemp

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
JUDO AND TAEKWONDO IN MMA:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Talking about original post, the thing about MMA is about winning within the rule.
And when everyone learn bjj-wrestling-muay thai/boxing/kick boxing, it really hard to score, so an MMA fighter whose based is different had an edge, like Machida for shotokan, Pettis from tkd, Lee from Sanda proof that effective is effective, no matter where it comes from.
Now about the mental state, it goes to the individual themselves, no more than in Boxing, few were genuine, and more about creating hype/image, because it's back to drawing power, which is equivalent with money...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Latest Discussions