Martial Arts in the Milwaukee area?

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
A friend of mine who recently moved ot Millwaukee is interested in getting into martial arts. I think he basically became interested through talking with me, and were he still living around here would probably be training with us. I have no idea what the Millwaukee area has to offer, and was hoping that somebody on here could help me (and him out).

I am sure he is more interested in more pragmatic self-defence as opposed to a sport fighting, phisical fitness, traditional philosophy ect. type stuff. Obviously some systems incorporate all of this, and thats fine, but I am sure that self-defence is his main objective.

Any input you guys can give would be great, thanks.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ginshun said:
A friend of mine who recently moved ot Millwaukee is interested in getting into martial arts. I think he basically became interested through talking with me, and were he still living around here would probably be training with us. I have no idea what the Millwaukee area has to offer, and was hoping that somebody on here could help me (and him out).

I am sure he is more interested in more pragmatic self-defence as opposed to a sport fighting, phisical fitness, traditional philosophy ect. type stuff. Obviously some systems incorporate all of this, and thats fine, but I am sure that self-defence is his main objective.

Any input you guys can give would be great, thanks.

Duke Roufus' Muay Thai Gym is in Milwaukee. I can't say how good or bad it is. But its worth a look....If ya want Muay Thai.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I also run a kenpo school in milwaukee

OP
ginshun

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I can't say that I know anything about either Kenpo or Muay Thai, aside from what I have read on the net, but thanks for the suggestions.

Latest Discussions