Martial Arts Experience

Drag'n

Green Belt
Reaction score
About 15 years exp. (some of these training periods overlap where I was doing 2 styles consecutively)

TKD (I.T.F) 7 yrs : 2'nd degree black
(also some southern shaolin and kali during that time)

Kyokushin Karate 1.5 yrs : 4th kyu (green belt)
(Kamata Dojo, Japan)

Kenshinkan Karate 1 year : 4th kyu

Capoeira 1 yr

Wushu and Shaolin long fist 2.5 years

Muay Thai 3 yrs, and still training

Daidojuku Karate/MMA 1.5 years, and still training : 4th kyu
(Kichijoji branch, Japan)
Both Kenshinkan and Daidojuku are breakoff styles from the Kyokushinkai.

and I still find there is so much more to learn......

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The Opal Dragon said:
Hi!
I'm new here! :)
I've been doing Aikido for nearly 2 years. I'm not too good at it but I love it. I'm 5th kyu.
I hope to look into Kuk Sool Won soon to see what it's like and maybe I'll try that too! ;)
Robyn :wavey:

Wow! This is an old thread! I was scrolling through the pages and it was neat to see posts from people like KenpoGirl (posted in 2001) who hadn't been doing Kenpo for that long and now she's a brown belt! Kaith had only been doing Arnis for 3 months, at the time! And I was a new member of Martial Talk when I posted that quote above in 2002! Ah, memories! A lot of people have come a long way--sometimes through difficult times, to keep training. Very awesome! :asian: A revised list might be in order. ;)

As for me, I'm still doing Aikido, of course. A little over 4 years now and I'm a 3rd kyu. I still have a LOOOOOONG way to go and I'm still quite clumsy. However, it is very encouraging to me to see that old post of mine and realize how much more I understand and can do now, that I could have never been able to understand and do then! I've come a long way.
(By the way, I probably won't ever start Kuk Sool Won--although I still think it's neat. I'm currently hoping to start cross-training in Jujutsu, next summer. I really hope I'm able to do that!)

Robyn :asian:

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Short and Sweet:

Tae Kwon Do for 20+ years-4th Dan Black

Yoshokai Aikido off and on for about 1 year (school interfered for a while)-just tested for yellow

Never felt the need or desire to study any of the others mentioned.

Latest Discussions