Martial arts creates Violence? Say Yes or No

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hehe ah yeah just joking, was more a tongue-in-cheek commentary on noticing a few threads tending to go in that direction hehe, totally joking and trying to lighten the thread a bit :). I also would love the forum to be a place of welcoming and enjoyment of discussion about martial arts for the experienced and newcomers, and not intimidating for them either, all good ;) (I'll make sure to use emoticons next time hehe)

No worries as you'd say ( probably!)

I'm debating with myself at the moment about posting up something that is being investigated at the moment and is currently going the rounds on social media. My problem is that I want to post up what has been found so far but I don't want discussion on the actual 'politics' of it, rather I want ways to warn and help girls who have been affected by these people. I was absolutely horrified to find out one of our Guides has had the same experience as described ( sorry it's vague at the moment) locally, now I want ways to combat this and to warn the other girls without scaring them. I want something I can tell them they can do that will work for 12/13/14 year olds non martial arts girls in a street situation. Telling them to do martial arts isn't the answer which is what some will suggest.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
No worries as you'd say ( probably!)

I'm debating with myself at the moment about posting up something that is being investigated at the moment and is currently going the rounds on social media. My problem is that I want to post up what has been found so far but I don't want discussion on the actual 'politics' of it, rather I want ways to warn and help girls who have been affected by these people. I was absolutely horrified to find out one of our Guides has had the same experience as described ( sorry it's vague at the moment) locally, now I want ways to combat this and to warn the other girls without scaring them. I want something I can tell them they can do that will work for 12/13/14 year olds non martial arts girls in a street situation. Telling them to do martial arts isn't the answer which is what some will suggest.

Post it, I'm sure politics can be avoided (or dealt with through moderation).

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post it, I'm sure politics can be avoided (or dealt with through moderation).

I think I will, later have to go out at the moment. It doesn't make pleasant reading and is worrying.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full on smacks are fine? Muh, I'm acc getting so triggered lol just because you know nothing about something doesn't mean it's bad.

Then why have you started a thread about boxing and 'hits in the face' impacting on intelligence?

Latest Discussions