Martial artist Police officers?

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-Wow, this thread hit close to home in a few ways. For years, roughly 15, my desire of a professional carreer lay in the direction of a law enforcement officer. Both my best friend and I were hell bent on being cops. I graduated from high school and went on to college, taking CRJ as my major. My friend dropped out of high school and worked security for awhile. Then he went into the military. I started working security (and still do) after my first semester. Half way through college I completely lost interest in all things Criminal Justice, and in turn, being a cop. My friend has left the military to work corrections and is currently applying for local and federal law enforcment jobs. This month marks 6 years in doing security; current employer Securitas Security Services USA. The job pays well, but oh, how I loath it. Of course, when you're stuck in an office for 12 hour days one week, 12 hours nights the next, well...I guess its a personal thing, self induced torture, haha. Anyways, both my friend and I practice ma's, so I guess neither one of us is a total loss;-)

A---)

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Reeely...through whom are you a "licensed security guard" and what firm are you signed with....
Oh My Funky Goal there are some timewasting sceptics about!! Actually, I did my accreditation through CST ( corporate security training under 2 of the supervisor security officers for the Sydney olympic - Shane ( the bumpy baldness ) and Darren Taylor.

I am signed up to Event guardians and btw : just to keep the correct flowing, your security firm does not accredit you, the government does once you pass your exams and receive your certs.

Blooming Lotus

Dark soul : wow.that sounds unsatisfying!! What about some patrol or some personal protection??? Static or mobile foot patrol ( offest with some event crowd control or pp) sounds pretty darn good to me, but maybe you just need a little variety............. or considering your paperwork load , maybe your supervisor or team is just a little overenthusiastic on the logs???? I empathise totally!! I'd hate that!!! Self sacrificing crazo :D :) ( joke btw)

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-Yeah, I realized my previous post was merely to vent. Life has not gone off track, simply in another direction, which is fine. The thing is, I don't want to work security at all; I don't have the mindset for it. I spend 90% of my time waiting for 10% to happen. With the proper amount of finances, I would spend all my time studying martial arts, haha, but thats not happening any time soon. I do what I can with what I have. More than anything right now, its the hours I work that drive me "crazo". Those hours may be changed in a couple of months, but I will still be working a job I care little for. Young people should not work a job where they do little, its a waste of creativity. The job market in my area is, well, rather depressing, which is one reason I haven't left my job, besides the money. Although I do believe its time to take another look around. My father said by 30 years of age, one should be working on their career, whatever it may be. I have motivation, yet little focus, which is easy to understand when I haven't a clue what I might like to do to be a productive member of the human race. Oh well, at least I have Kung-Fu;-)

A---)

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I don't know about "little focus"..maybe you just need to find somewhere to dircet it or somewhere in there you've just decided it wasn't yet worth the effort.????

At least you're thinking about it and aware of a loose time frame to be organised by at least and no doubt you'll get there when you're ready.

In the mean time just enjoy your journey ;)

Blooming Lotus

Latest Discussions