Man Mugs 101 Year Old Woman and Punches Her in The Head Three Times

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It was too calculating a crime for it to have been the result of a delusional state. I have some familiarity with Bipolar and Schizoaffective Disorder and, IMO, "real" delusions demonstrate themselves in quick impulses - not calculated assault and robbery. In other words, a person suffering mania and delusion might strike out at someone near them, and thus, for the safety of themselves and others, require hospitalization - but that is a sudden occurence where they truly are "not there" and not cases of stalking for robbery as this lowlife did. That is why the legal definition of insanity is NOT supposed to consider cases of pre-meditation and with attempts to avoid capture or discovery as valid insanity defense cases. That is why even deranged serial killers are usually not "criminally insane" from a defense standpoint.

Exactly. When a person runs or attempts to hide evidence of his/her crime it shows that the person knew they were doing wrong IMO. If a guy kills someone and just stands there and acts like nothing was wrong when the cops show up, thats something different. This was a plain mugging pure and simple. "Maybe the guy is mentally ill"...give me a freakin break.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Blotan, I can understand your emotional reaction completely (see my earlier post) but I think the thread has moved on slightly from that specific case to a wider scoped discussion, wherein there has been mention that genuine mental illess is a creible defence in legal terms.

Noone for a second belittles what happened to the poor woman who was the victim of this crime and would guess you'd be hard pressed to find any man here who would not have gladly passed on a little 'rough justice' if we were there ... but we weren't ... and until the case comes to trial we don't really know what the circumstances are.

I do have to wear my heart on my sleeve tho' and confess that I really wouldn't care what the circumstances were if I saw some chap laying into a pensioner within my sight :embarassed:.

Latest Discussions