Lung Ying

W

weepingpalm

im relatively new to this forum, and just currious to see whom else trains lung ying. if so, where and whom is your sifu? any response is apprecitated
thanks

weepingpalm

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lung ying is a little rare to come across. Everybody I know that practices posts on the Southern Forum.

OP
W

weepingpalm

right! i know which one youre talking about,im also on there too. but im always looking to find those i dont know

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen you posting there. But I got a feeling most of the lung ying players, when they do post, do so in an area that they're used to & post with people they've actually touched hands with.

OP
W

weepingpalm

thanks for the link. its a small forum, but im sure ill get some use out of it anyways.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, if you know any other guys who like to post, invite them here, I would love to have a much more active southern group, as well as CMA in general.

- MT Senior Mod -
7starmantis
Adam C

OP
I

infenix

In this case, it's "Dragon Sign".

Rgds,
David

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's the same character... 形But it's Ying4 in Cantonese, Xing2 in Pinyin... definition == form, shape, appearance

Not far off... but not quite it.

HarryJD

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am just starting Lung Ying tonight in fact.

I have practised Aikido and Tae Kwondo in the past and then developed a strong, focused interest in the CMA's. In a martial, philosopical and religious form.

I find that Lung ying holds the aspects I am looking for in a CMA. Such as martial, exercise, breathing, Chi gung, meditation, etc.
The school is in Co. Meath, Republic of Ireland and I will train under Sifu Nick Costello.

Will keep updated as I practise in the club.

Harry J.D.

HarryJD

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey,

well, I attended my first class last night like I was saying in my previous post.
It was amazing. Everything that was said and done was exactly 'right.' At one time during the class, I began to learn the Dragon stance, and use it within movement, amongst other things.

I was asked to take the stance initially and hold it. A while later I was allowed to come out of it ! :)

I certainly find myself so very lucky to have found this.

Harry J.D.

king midas

White Belt
Reaction score
I am currently looking for a legitamate lung ying school to train at in rochester ny. anyone know a good place to look im having a hard time finding somplace outside ny city. My current style is a mix of wing chun and muay thai, but i recently learned about lung ying and have become absolutly entranced by it. Any help would be very much appreciated! thank you all kindly -midas-

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am currently looking for a legitamate lung ying school to train at in rochester ny. anyone know a good place to look im having a hard time finding somplace outside ny city. My current style is a mix of wing chun and muay thai, but i recently learned about lung ying and have become absolutly entranced by it. Any help would be very much appreciated! thank you all kindly -midas-

Welcome to Martial Talk! :) Wish I could help you, I tried a search in your area and nothing turned up, but maybe some of our other members have more info. Good luck on your search and happy posting!

king midas

White Belt
Reaction score
thanks same to you! i"m still looking and like i said, any and all information on or related to lung ying in gerneral as well as where to train in my area would be very much appreciated. thank you all and happy training!

king midas

White Belt
Reaction score
Still searching any info on where to find a legitimate lung ying school in or near rochester ny. any information on the style in general would be very much appreaciated, this seems to be a pretty rare style.

Latest Discussions