Lord of the Rings: Return of the King! :)

S

ShaolinWolf

So, everybody get Return of the King yet??? I haven't had time to pick up a rental yet. Yes, rental. I'm not buying it. Waiting 'til the Extended edition(no date yet) comes out. I have FOTR and Two towers on Extended Edition. I can't wait for the extended footage of ROTK!

Anyways, so, how's the DVD of ROTK?

:)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
ShaolinWolf said:
So, everybody get Return of the King yet??? I haven't had time to pick up a rental yet. Yes, rental. I'm not buying it. Waiting 'til the Extended edition(no date yet) comes out. I have FOTR and Two towers on Extended Edition. I can't wait for the extended footage of ROTK!

Anyways, so, how's the DVD of ROTK?

:)

If you're gonna wait for the extended version then might as well wait a little longer (or not) for the BOX set which will undoubtedly come out around Christmas if the extended version of ROTK comes out around Thanksgiving.

I wondering if the "theater version" will sell well at all since folks might be holding out for the expanded version which IMO is a lot better because of the holes filled the theater version leaves behind.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
MACaver said:
If you're gonna wait for the extended version then might as well wait a little longer (or not) for the BOX set which will undoubtedly come out around Christmas if the extended version of ROTK comes out around Thanksgiving.

I wondering if the "theater version" will sell well at all since folks might be holding out for the expanded version which IMO is a lot better because of the holes filled the theater version leaves behind.

There is no rule against having the 'Theatrical Release' and the 'Special Edition' release. I have purchased the 'Theatrical Release' of each of the three movies ... and have a nice day planned for tomorrow ... I think. I also have Fellowship and Towers in the extended version. I will get Return of the King in the extended version too .... You never know when you aren't going to have the extra 4 hours to see the 'Whole' movie. I think the wife will want a new big screen TV for the Theatrical release ... (That's gonna be one expensive movie).

And ... Buffy season 6 was released this week too .... come on all ... "Once More With Feeling" :)

OP
A

Andi

I heard that the EE will not be out until Christmas, unlike the previous films which came out in November. I guess this makes sense, they have a bit more to do if it really is going to be 5 hours.

Can't wait!

E: OK, done some checking, it looks like it may well be November after all. My source of the Christmas date actually was talking about the box set, so it looks like you were bang on MACaver.

Also, it's not clear if the length will be 5 hours or not. PJ has said 4 hours ten minutes. Ian McKellen has been quoted as 5 hours. Who can tell?

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am a real sucker and get the regular movie and the exrended version of each movie! I first read the books 27 years ago and the movies are a dream come true for me! Also part of the collection is the hobbit dvd, and the animated LOTR. only thing I don't have is the animated return of the king that was on T.V. but I am not crazy about that one.

OP
S

ShaolinWolf

MACaver said:

Or not. I already have the Extended editions of Fellowshipd of the Ring, and The Two Towers. So, I'm just gonna get the third one in extended edition singular. Been doing it for two years now; this'll be my third. Thanks, though.

:asian:

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Seig said:
I have all three original releases. I will probably by the extended set when all three are released together, might make a nice X-Mas present for my wife.

For the wife....yeah....right!

Homer buying Marge a bowling ball with 'Homer' engraved on it springs to mine, hehe! ;)

Ian.

Latest Discussions