Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok....I need to vent.

My long distance service has been hijacked.
By Sprint.

I find out today that as of May 6th, my regional and long distance service has been 'picked up' by Sprint.

Why?
Because it was supposedly agreed to by my girlfriend when she got her cell phone and they needed a home phone.

Land Line is in my name, not hers. My internet service, LD, etc is all tied into it. I -had- unlimited LD, but now find I have Sprints 7cent program. Considering how much LD time I spent between 5/6 and 5/18....I owe about $200 bucks.

I have to call up Verizon tomorow to straighten this mess out. Sprints said they will close the account and not bill me, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm a tad bit furious. I mean, isn't this **** illegal?

Gah.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Bob, when one service switches you to there service it is called "Being Slammed" It is very much illegal to do this. The only person who can switch your service is you. I would tell them Sprint that it is illegal to do this. If they don't drop all the charges, you are contacting your States Attorney. You can I believe sue that also for any damages and for fraud. Hope this helps.
Bob

G

Gary Crawford

I don't blame you for getting mad about this.Here in East Tennesee,Sprint owns the local phone service too.They are hard people to deal with.The good news is you can have any long distance service you want.You can now work all the longdistance companies for the best deal,you might end up with a fat rebate check!BTW-Thanks for backing me up on the other thread.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kempojujutsu said:
Bob, when one service switches you to there service it is called "Being Slammed" It is very much illegal to do this. The only person who can switch your service is you. I would tell them Sprint that it is illegal to do this. If they don't drop all the charges, you are contacting your States Attorney. You can I believe sue that also for any damages and for fraud. Hope this helps.
Bob

Bob,

This is why they offered to drop the charges.

I had a similiar issue, when the ex put in long distance calling cards against the land line. I explained to them that I had not authorized it, and that I would be talking to my lawyer (Divorce) about it. They immediately appologized and credited the account.

Good Luck, you may need to spend a few hours (* Read forever *) on the phone wth them to make sure though :(

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
They look at how much $$ they can make by slamming vs. how much they may loose in lawsuits....looks like they make a lot of $$ slamming.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
AT&T pulled that crap on me at my old apartment. Just minding my own business when 'lo and behold, an AT&T bill shows up. So I call and they tell me that I had signed up. I asked to see in writing where I had agreed to such a plan, and suddenly there was alot of backpeddling on the other end. So I did away with my land line and went with Nextel. The next month, another AT&T bill. So I called again, and listened to their whole spiel. This time I informed them that I was recording the conversation, that I had switched providers to a cellular company, and that my attorney would be in touch. Funny how they said that the bill was suddenly an error and that they would close the account immediately.

:flame: AT&T

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I've talked to Verizon and am switching everything back. Means no LD service for a day or so while everything processes.

Note: To Freeze your account from unauthorized changed, if you have Verizon you can call 800-305-4838

To report slamming : www.fcc.gov/slamming

Thanks for the tips and support. Lets hope this is settled now.
God I hate Sprint.....

Latest Discussions