Letter: Congratulations President Elect Barack Obama.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations President Elect Barack Obama.

Mr. Obama,
I would like to congratulate you on your history making election to this great nation's highest office. While we disagree on a number of points of policy, I want to wish you a safe and successful run as America's first non-Caucasian president. Your achievement this year should serve to inspire millions of Americans, and show them that in this great nation of ours, hard work, education, and putting ones heart into things can take you anywhere you want to go.
In times long past, a servant or slave would remind the conqueror, "Remember Thou Art Mortal", a sign to not allow ones ego to overshadow them. In this, your hour of victory, I wish to do similar. While you have won the popular vote, remember that almost half of American voters voted against you, and an equal number chose to cast no vote at all. I would ask you to use your presidency to truly work to unify us as a nation, and give hope to those who felt they had no voice so that they might make them heard in future elections.
I ask you to temper your plans with compassion, and to extend true equality and rights to all Americans, regardless of sex, race, religion, or orientation. Reward success and hard work, don't puish it, no reward sloth and laziness. You sir, are a catalyst for change, and I and America hope that you will help return this nation to the greatness that men such as Washington, Adams and Jefferson saw for it and in it.

Your's Truly,
Robert M. Hubbard

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, Zee, he supported Mob Boss Daley and an Insane alcohol tax here in Illinois... so...

The state of his home state has always been my Biggest Beef with Obama... lets hope his Handlers keep him in check.

Latest Discussions