Les Paul, 94

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/13/obit.les.paul/index.html

Les Paul, whose innovations with the electric guitar and studio technology made him one of the most important figures in recorded music, has died, according to a statement from his publicists. Paul was 94.
art.les.paul.gi.jpg

Les Paul, whose innovations helped give rise to modern pop music, played guitar into his 90s.

Paul died in White Plains, New York, from complications of severe pneumonia, according to the statement.
Paul was a guitar and electronics mastermind whose creations -- such as multitrack recording, tape delay and the solid-body guitar that bears his name, the Gibson Les Paul -- helped give rise to modern popular music, including rock 'n' roll. No slouch on the guitar himself, he continued playing at clubs into his 90s despite being hampered by arthritis.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
The man was a legend and so gracious. My friends and I used to go see him almost every Monday and every time he took the time to talk to us, answer our questions and give advice. Though I'm a Carvin and Jackson guy, Les Paul has shaped me as a guitar player and musician on a very fundamental level.