Legally, how do you deal with something like this?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
One of my all time favorite movie lines, ever.

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Legally? I don't know.
If they start killing, or maiming folks.

A window is getting broke, and I am exiting.
Post haste.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The Op - Legally, how do you deal with something like this? could be specific to city, county, state or country, or it could be specific to the "you". For instance - are you legally armed? Are you a civilian, or something other than that, if so, are you on duty or off? We have people here from all over the world, I'm pretty sure the details might depend on where.

In private life, as opposed to professionally, to me, it's all about how fast I can reload if necessary. Because when you're old, you really don't give a F.

And if you ain't old, don't even think about arguing that.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Op - Legally, how do you deal with something like this? could be specific to city, county, state or country, or it could be specific to the "you". For instance - are you legally armed? Are you a civilian, or something other than that, if so, are you on duty or off? We have people here from all over the world, I'm pretty sure the details might depend on where.

In private life, as opposed to professionally, to me, it's all about how fast I can reload if necessary. Because when you're old, you really don't give a F.

And if you ain't old, don't even think about arguing that.
My every day carry is a Springfield XDM, in 9mm, and two spare magazines. Legally, open or concealed-most of the time, concealed.
That's more than 50 shots. Like a said, drop a couple, then drop a couple more who are stupid.
In Khaliforniastan, though, those magazines aren't even legal....

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My every day carry is a Springfield XDM, in 9mm, and two spare magazines. Legally, open or concealed-most of the time, concealed.
That's more than 50 shots. Like a said, drop a couple, then drop a couple more who are stupid.
In Khaliforniastan, though, those magazines aren't even legal....

Judged by 12?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Judged by 12?
Nah.Not likely. I'm on a train, and my options to run are limited. I'm outnumbered, and old.....ish, with enough medical history, anyway, to plead "disability," and I'm legally carrying..... Their numbers, just by virtue of mass, constitute a lethal threat, that legally permits me to respond with lethal force. Any one who continues to attack after lethal force has been used also constitutes a lethal threat. I'm not talking about shooting anyone with the good sense to run away. I'm talking about shooting the ones that are stupid enough (in a group that large, what are the odds?) to keep coming.

These are all reasons why I try to limit my time in Khaliforniastan, of course, where the only legal firearm I had was a shotgun, and I couldn't very well carry that, anyway....probably going to Berkeley this week, where my legal carry options are ......creative.

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nah.Not likely. I'm on a train, and my options to run are limited. I'm outnumbered, and old.....ish, with enough medical history, anyway, to plead "disability," and I'm legally carrying..... Their numbers, just by virtue of mass, constitute a lethal threat, that legally permits me to respond with lethal force. Any one who continues to attack after lethal force has been used also constitutes a lethal threat. I'm not talking about shooting anyone with the good sense to run away. I'm talking about shooting the ones that are stupid enough (in a group that large, what are the odds?) to keep coming.

These are all reasons why I try to limit my time in Khaliforniastan, of course, where the only legal firearm I had was a shotgun, and I couldn't very well carry that, anyway....probably going to Berkeley this week, where my legal carry options are ......creative.

Hire a body guard.
Or open carry holster a "repligun"

1911 Replica Pistol: "Slide Over" in Parkerized Finish, Parkerized Barrel - The United States Replica Gun Company

with a tie and button up long-sleeved dress shirt and dark sunglasses... ci-villians will presume that you are a cop of some sort.
As long are you are not saying you are an officer or brandishing it about, you are good

Personal experiences have taught me LEOs who investigate "man with a gun calls"...
Will inspect and affirm that it is not a "firearm" therefore firearm regs do not apply and you are free to go.

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hire a body guard.

1911 Replica Pistol: "Slide Over" in Parkerized Finish, Parkerized Barrel - The United States Replica Gun Company

with a tie and button up long-sleeved dress shirt and dark sunglasses... ci-villians will presume that you are a cop of some sort.
As long are you are not saying you are an officer or brandishing it about, you are good

Personal experiences have taught me LEOs who investigate "man with a gun calls"...
Will inspect and affirm that it is not a "firearm" therefore firearm regs do not apply and you are free to go.

You would get grabbed for being a weirdy. There would be a law you are breaking somewhere.

images

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hire a body guard.

But then you run into Bullet Tooth Tony

One of my all time favorite movie

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
But then you run into Bullet Tooth Tony

One of my all time favorite movie

This is why you don't unholster it.
Plus, not all replica say repligun on the side in easy to read text.

TSDTexan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You would get grabbed for being a weirdy. There would be a law you are breaking somewhere.

images

Nope, 5 of 5 police contacts said otherwise.
As long as you are not making threats, or waving it about etc.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Hire a body guard.

Easier just to stay out of California, or be creative.

Here in NM I can carry wherever, however and whenever I want, as long as they're not serving alcohol, or don't forbid it.

So most of the time, I carry.....

"Bodyguard." That's funny-as if I don't have enough furniture.

Latest Discussions