Least favorite form?

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay, thanks to mimir for making me think, you knew it was coming, but what form is your least favorite, it could be because you had trouble learning it, or because of the pattern?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaum Kang just never like it, don't know why it is a wonderful poomsae, just jate it.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do San.

HATE it!

and it's the one I always end up teaching, too!

As soon as I advanced away from it I forgot it! it never seemed to flow right for me.

OP
tko4u

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kaum Kang just never like it, don't know why it is a wonderful poomsae, just jate it.

terry could it be because it didnt have 1 kick in it? That takes a little away from that form for me

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Keumgang is certainly on my list of forms I don't care for. No kicking is one reason, but I just miss any appreciation for it.

The OP & Kwanjang know of a few others on my list that I'd rather pass on.:ultracool

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
In the Taeguk series, I don't have one I hate. Although he have a bubble of students who REALLY struggle with poomse. They JUST don't get it...righ tnow they're learning Sah Jang...some days I dread teaching that one. No tbecaus eof th eform but becuase of the test on my patience :)

In the Heian katas I'm not a big fan Kata Heian San Dan...don't like the so called "chicken move" and the "elbow strikes" that follow it. I probbaly need to look at ian Abernathy's bunkai interpretation to gain some appreciation. But until then I just don't get it.

Peace,
Erik

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Taebaek. Just too obviously Japanese for me. Don't mind the cat stance and spread blocks, but the rest....
It just doesn't have the flow and Korean-ness of the others.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Taebaek. Just too obviously Japanese for me. Don't mind the cat stance and spread blocks, but the rest....
It just doesn't have the flow and Korean-ness of the others.

Funny I think Tae Baek is a great form and I see alot of the Korean influence in it. I would have thought this would be a faborite of yours Youngman? I know the movement are challenging to alot of people when they are first learning it, but What would you say is the most nin Korean influence? Just curios thats all.
icon10.gif

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Probably the square block segments and the spinning into the backfist. I dunno, just doesn't do it for me. Palgue Oh Jang is not a favorite of mine for those reasons either.
On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoy the other Kukkiwon Koryo forms for various reasons. Just not Taebaek.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Probably the square block segments and the spinning into the backfist. I dunno, just doesn't do it for me. Palgue Oh Jang is not a favorite of mine for those reasons either.
On the other hand, I thoroughly enjoy the other Kukkiwon Koryo forms for various reasons. Just not Taebaek.

I can certainly appreciate your honesty on this matter, like for me and that KunKang one it just bugs the living **** out of me.

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Tae Geuk Oh Chang...Grumble, I am not a fan of Geum Gan either

I am like terry, NO Kicks. And I think Taebek is OK.

Latest Discussions