Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
An insane amount of motor vehicle accident patient's in the ER today. Even more insane, not one of them has been alcohol/substance use related (knock on wood). People really don't understand how to drive on snow...despite it snowing every year.

I swear, people forget each summer how to drive in the snow.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Heavy wet snow...with leaves and locust tree dendrites in it.....efficiently clogs the snowblower regularly.

4 inches on the driveway when I started 1/2 inch on the driveway when I was done...then if got heavier.....expected 7 to 10 inches at this time.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
An insane amount of motor vehicle accident patient's in the ER today. Even more insane, not one of them has been alcohol/substance use related (knock on wood). People really don't understand how to drive on snow...despite it snowing every year.

That was last Tuesday here, a squall a dusting and everyone went nuts. 75 accidents in my area alone.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Must have been day time. There's no way that would happen on night shift.

Yeah...that is not shun worthy....it is calling you a sissy worthy though :D

Well, I didn't zip it up...

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My shift was from 2-12, but all the accidents occurred between 5 and 7. Right during rush hour(s)

Yeah, that's day shift. That time of day, people are generally sober and either going home or to someplace where they will alleviate their sobriety.
Statistically, alcohol or other drugs are involved in 50% of all crashes. But that's somewhat misleading. After about 10PM, it's more like 80%, with a corresponding dip during the day.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's day shift. That time of day, people are generally sober and either going home or to someplace where they will alleviate their sobriety.
Statistically, alcohol or other drugs are involved in 50% of all crashes. But that's somewhat misleading. After about 10PM, it's more like 80%, with a corresponding dip during the day.
Yup. I dont work overnight, but most of the alcohol-related accidents show up on our board between midnight and 8. Luckily, snow was gone by around 8pm yesterday, so no need to worry about that

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So there is going to be a cheeky training session before fight night,

But more importantly it means we will have Rob Gruiffrida, Kyle Noke, Ben Keleher and Ian bone. All in one place.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Found out that my friend died today...left work early. Went to kali to distract myself. Ended up the sensei was out, i was needed to help teach. I git my distraction, and everyone else got their lesson

Last edited:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Found out that my friend died today...left work early. Went to kali to distract myself. Ended up the sensei was out, i was needed to help teach. I git my distraction, and everyone else got their lesson
Sorry for your loss

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, brother. I'm glad you got the distraction you needed. Sometimes, that's the best medicine life can offer.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Am so, so sorry to hear mate. Hope you're okay

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions